TK 800 / Booster Stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
thanks for the tips ill put some WD on it and try later

will need to use the 35 jet now though for butane/meths as doubt there are spares out there without buying a whole new one, unless its a standard fitting which i doubt

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
thanks for the tips ill put some WD on it and try later

will need to use the 35 jet now though for butane/meths as doubt there are spares out there without buying a whole new one, unless its a standard fitting which i doubt

You might be surprised by the after-sales service, someone on this thread mentions that he had no trouble getting a new hose:

http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/showtopic.php?tid/20407/all/1/

You might even find that the jets are interchangeable with Primus or Optimus jets but that's obviously a long shot.

Maybe Steve (Silverhill) can measure the threads on his one for us?

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Maybe Steve (Silverhill) can measure the threads on his one for us?

I'll have a bash if I can find a ruler, but I'm in Snowdonia at the moment (I only have the rule on the edge of my leatherman). I used the stove twice yesterday on the jaunt up Snowdon and back ;)

The Ebay seller 'Plus2megacity' has/had a plethora of spares for the stove. I'm going to stock up in the not too distant future as I'm growing immensely fond of mine.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
I'll have a bash if I can find a ruler, but I'm in Snowdonia at the moment...

Some people get all the luck. Or 'fortune favours the bold', as Gary would say. :)

The Ebay seller 'Plus2megacity' has/had a plethora of spares for the stove. I'm going to stock up in the not too distant future as I'm growing immensely fond of mine.

Just checked and there seems to be just a couple of bits there now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spare-pump-TK800-stove-x1-/120741410394

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camping-stove-gasoline-gas-oil-spare-gas-pipe-tube-S9-TK800-/110770651126

but it's encouraging, probably worth contacting that seller with questions about spares.

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
well i bought another one from china, the stove on its own and just got some purple meths for it, but cant get it to run on the meths

give the pump plenty of pressure and give out some meths to light and prime the pre-heat tube.... then it dies down a bit and it starts to roar and splutter for a few seconds.... one side of the bell gets red not all the way around... and then it dies down and sprays meths everywhere (it stinks) so it doesnt stay lit

any tips?

have given the wire inside the burner a shoogle and tried a different hose from my old one but still the same.... havent touched the jet as it will probs break ;)

ged

Jul 16, 2009
well i bought another one from china, the stove on its own and just got some purple meths for it, but cant get it to run on the meths

give the pump plenty of pressure and give out some meths to light and prime the pre-heat tube.... then it dies down a bit and it starts to roar and splutter for a few seconds.... one side of the bell gets red not all the way around... and then it dies down and sprays meths everywhere (it stinks) so it doesnt stay lit

any tips? ...

Yes. Don't use meths as the fuel. It isn't designed to run on meths. It's OK to prime it with (by which I mean putting a little bit around the burner to heat it, not putting any in the fuel tank) but it's really a petrol stove.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
ah right so so that explains it.... seen panel wipe mentioned is this the stuff? ...

Several people here use what they describe as 'panel wipe' in stoves but unfortunately it isn't just one product, there are many, so the description is inadequate. Some of the products are aqueous, and if you do get a stove running on water I'm sure we'd all like to know about it. :)

I've never used any panel wipe product as a fuel because whenever I've read the MHSDS for the product that I'm considering it's said "Don't do that". Some products will produce dangerous combustion gases.

I don't know the particular products that you linked to. I recommend that you get the data sheet before using them, for anything.

I think your stove will run on paraffin, and at least one other poster in this thread has said it will burn diesel. Paraffin is probably the cheapest fuel you'll get, it's excellent for heat/weight ratio. I'd avoid any fuel that has road fuel duty paid on it on principle. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE