Charity Event for Combat Stress...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hey all...

If this is in the wrong place or I upset any one with this thread Mods please remove it for me.

Im doing a 110 mile walk to raise money, and raise the profile of Combat Stress.

I know times are tough but please if you can help it would be great even a £ or 2 will make a massive differance.

the link is here for more details and to donate.

http://www.justgiving.com/clevelandway2011

also see my signature at the bottom of my page.

meany, meany thanks.

chris.

Last edited:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Good luck with that Chris.

I already help Combat Stress and a few similar charities - all worthy causes.

When you're doing the walk just keep telling yourself "The 4 tonner is just over that hill".

Good luck.

Liam

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Thanks Liam, I wanted to do the 110 miles in 3 days but I dont think all the team members are as fit as me, so 4 days it is...;)

thanks again.

Chris.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Thanks Liam, I wanted to do the 110 miles in 3 days but I dont think all the team members are as fit as me, so 4 days it is...;)

thanks again.

Chris.

Three or four days?

The RLC Cooks can do it in less than a day and be back home in time for Bargain Hunt...

Liam

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
I found Combat Stress to be a funny bunch to be honest.

I am ex-Forces, a qualified psychiatric nurse and an integrated therapist, so, in the spirit of giving, I volunteered to work as a counsellor for them. The response was a flat no. They said they had a team of therapists, and if I wanted to work for them, they would be more than happy to consider me as I had all the attributes they were looking for. When I said I didn't want paying, they pretty much said 'Good day' and hung the phone up:confused:

Maybe they don't need the help, or maybe they think they have it all under control, not sure.

All the very best with the walk though.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I found Combat Stress to be a funny bunch to be honest.

I am ex-Forces, a qualified psychiatric nurse and an integrated therapist, so, in the spirit of giving, I volunteered to work as a counsellor for them. The response was a flat no. They said they had a team of therapists, and if I wanted to work for them, they would be more than happy to consider me as I had all the attributes they were looking for. When I said I didn't want paying, they pretty much said 'Good day' and hung the phone up:confused:

Maybe they don't need the help, or maybe they think they have it all under control, not sure.

All the very best with the walk though.

i can understand why they would say no, its probably to do with liability and insurance... sorry it ended that way though..

thanks.

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i have now managed to get 2 camp sites along the way, 1 at disscount and 1 for free, i need one more in the Whitby area or a little to the south for the third night..

i have some radio air cover and i am looking into some tv cover too... but we shall see how it goes...

regards.

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Has this event taken place yet?

Is it's in aid of charity I know of an establishment that may help.

hi Itzal, no the event has been delayed untill next year when the weather is better and my relentless amount of increasing work dies down...sorry for the delay but my internet has been the worst it has ever been of late, good old BT.....:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE