John Fenna's Pink Spork Charity Fundraiser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As you all know our very own John Fenna is a stalwart chap... but he has this odd aversion to sporks :rolleyes:

Well some kind, thoughtful friends of John who really care about him sent him a number of pink sporks, complete with cases as shown in the thread, for Christmas as therapy for his aversion. You can see the effect it had on him in this thread as well as this thread.

These kind people obviously want action pictures of John with his sporks to show them his treatment is starting to work. He was very resistant to this request on the grounds he had been traumatised enough just receiving the sporks :rolleyes: But the good folks of BCUK have persuaded him to overcome his hatred of the dreaded pink sporks and pose with them for our delight :) His only stipulation was that as the sporks were pink we had to raise £100 for Breast Cancer and prove it to him it had been raised hence the JustGiving page I created for this purpose.

As you can see we've already reached the total required through the generosity of my friends on Facebook (most of which are BCUK members as well) and a couple members on here :)Because of that we want to see if we can raise, at the very least, an additional £100 from the general forum membership

So if you want to see John in a series of tasteful, family friendly pictures with him using and wearing the sporks now's your chance to dig deep and donate some money.

In addition next Saturday 5th January John will do a draw from all those who have made donations and the top 7 drawn will each win one of the sporks. So I suspect there's a serious chance that some of those who sent him a spork may end up with it back :D

Remember folks this fundraising is also to help John in his continuing battle to over come his spork handicap as well as raise money for a good cause. So please dig deep and lets raise that money

Please note I have permission from Tony to promote this fundraising event on the forum and I'd like to thank him for that. There is a proviso regarding that permission which is that the thread stays focused on the charity we're trying to raise money for. Please do not let it turn into a thread of mates having a laugh/banter.

John will be posting his pictures in a separate thread so that you'll have plenty of opportunities to appreciate and make comments about them there :)

If you wish to donate some money then please
Donate here

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mr Red!:yikes:
No - this is truely tasteful! (or Tony will bin us...)
The picture/ comment thread starts now... elsewhere!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Done....which I believe gives me the right to make a cheeky comment..... Always thought Mr Fenna would make an excellent extra as a Dwarf on LOTR....:bigok:

[didnt someone do a very funny photoshop jobbie a few years back?]

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Done....which I believe gives me the right to make a cheeky comment..... Always thought Mr Fenna would make an excellent extra as a Dwarf on LOTR....:bigok:

[didnt someone do a very funny photoshop jobbie a few years back?]
Have a look at the other thread!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Have a look at the other thread!

I suspect youre trying to divert attention away from that photo I saw a few years back. Cant remember who posted it,[Greg?] but it was bloody funny. Luckily for you John, all trace seems to have disapeared from the web.
Will be looking forward to seeing the new photos..:yikes:
Good cause. Good sport. :D

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not exactly a pic of john using the pink spork; but an obviously traumatized Santa trying to forget delivering them the following Summer:

5237_10151472910503581_1195062237_n.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE