Challenge: the worst knife ever?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Alright, the best knife has been discussed to death here, let's try to find the worst knife ever! (For outdoors purposes at least). Put image link plus url to where to buy it. Bonus for ridiculously high prices.

I'll start out with "Master Cutlery TA-86", a quality knife that is really good for whittling and making feathersticks.

516PdNeeAoL._SL1500_.jpg

Buy at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006BTZBF8/

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Bear grylls gerber knife first edition. Pommel broke off easily. Blade blunted after minimal use and tang occasionally snapped through the handle.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Alright, the best knife has been discussed to death here, let's try to find the worst knife ever! (For outdoors purposes at least). Put image link plus url to where to buy it. Bonus for ridiculously high prices.

I'll start out with "Master Cutlery TA-86", a quality knife that is really good for whittling and making feathersticks.

516PdNeeAoL._SL1500_.jpg

Buy at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006BTZBF8/

I'd like to see a leather sheath for that!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
On a slightly more serious note, worst knife I have handled is a Casstrom Leuku

Leuku chop by British Red, on Flickr

Cursed thing had a handle so short and badly designed that it was an accident waiting to happen. Casstrom really couldn't care less either.

Don't know if its the worst knife ever - but certainly the worst that I have owned

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Leukus are meant to be held with three fingers only, the remaining pinky fits behind the handle to stop your hand sliding forward.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
survival_knife_kit_with_sheath__21435.jpg

The plastic hollow handle survival knife IMHO is far worse than those seen so far. It's low price means that people are more likely to purchase one either as a budget bushcraft knife or for a bug-out-bag with dire results when they come to use it.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire

The plastic hollow handle survival knife IMHO is far worse than those seen so far. It's low price means that people are more likely to purchase one either as a budget bushcraft knife or for a bug-out-bag with dire results when they come to use it.

As a kid my friend had one although aluminium handle. It wasn't that bad. The ATAK would be worse. And the giant SAK as well. I kind of like shark knife though.

More bad knives, there has to be more out there!

I actually bought one of these about 9yrs ago purely to appease my inner 13yr old who was denied one when he begged for one for his birthday. .its complete bum never been used but I still cherish it as it was the epitomy of want as a teenager

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I had one of those rambo survival knife back in the late 80's and another with a hard plastic sheath that you could combine with the knife and use as a wire cutter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE