Chalk Ford Walk...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi, went for a lovely walk today, with the family to a place that has been neglected by me for a couple of years, it's a bit of a trek in but well worth the effort, did not see another bod! I quite like it like that! Anyway was my usual cheeky self and wandered lost(if you like, down a track to a farmhouse and received an unusual warm greeting, used my charm and it worked!) So those of you thinking of spending some time in a most beautiful spot on Dartmoor this year, be nice to me, as i have negotiated another little spot, where i can camp (small numbers again)

The water is as clear as crystal, with pools, slides and even an old rope swing i put up about 4 years ago! Still there if you look at the pics, the other side of the river is privately owned, hence the fire option.

It is a spot i used to take my youngest daughter camping, but now with full permission, is somewhere, that i will be taking small groups to this summer, and boy is it pretty.

So take a peek at the pics and as usual, all comments/ questions welcome.

Today was another very good day!

Ivan...

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 033.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 005.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 006.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 008.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 009.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 010.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 011.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 012.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 013.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 014.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 015.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 016.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 017.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 018.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 019.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 020.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 021.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 022.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 023.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 024.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 025.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 026.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 027.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 028.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 029.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 030.jpg

Chalk Ford Jan 2014 031.jpg Chalk Ford Jan 2014 032.jpg

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great stuff Ivan! Shame I'm absolutely miles away, or I'd be going with you! Thanks for posting! :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Great stuff Ivan! Shame I'm absolutely miles away, or I'd be going with you! Thanks for posting! :)

Hi Cameron, thanks for the kind comments, as always mate, you never know in the summer you might be able to come and sample some of the delights of Dartmoor.

Regards.

Ivan...

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Hi Cameron, thanks for the kind comments, as always mate, you never know in the summer you might be able to come and sample some of the delights of Dartmoor.

Regards.

Ivan...
Given the chance I'd be down In a shot, as you said, you never know :).

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Looks gorgeous, Ivan, just my sort of place. Looking fwd to coming down soon.

Love the dog-in-a-tree ... not a Nut tree ??? And the pigs. Does the farmer keep them in the wood?

Hi Elen, a stunning, peaceful place and because it is a bit of a hike not many people even in the summer months, and a great base to explore Keble Martins Chapel, Huntingdon Warren, Snowden, Avon Dam (wild trout fishing!) etc etc.

And yes those lucky pigs, root about in the wild wood all day long, acorn heaven.

Your on the V.I.P list, if i can arrange parking at the farm, for a tipple or something, would be the icing on the cake.

Ivan...

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
You're in a lovely part of the country Ivan and great to see you making the most of it and sharing the enjoyment with the rest of us :)

I always keep an eye open for your out and about posts, they cheer up a grey time of year no end !

Cheers, Paul

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
I recognise that spot. Isn't that where the deer farm is? I think your middle name is Jammy. I bet you don't even want to camp there, just have more permissions than anyone else :p
Well done anyway and let me know when I can join you for a camp there and a shower under that waterfall.....NOT :)

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Elen, a stunning, peaceful place and because it is a bit of a hike not many people even in the summer months, and a great base to explore Keble Martins Chapel, Huntingdon Warren, Snowden, Avon Dam (wild trout fishing!) etc etc.

And yes those lucky pigs, root about in the wild wood all day long, acorn heaven.

Your on the V.I.P list, if i can arrange parking at the farm, for a tipple or something, would be the icing on the cake.

Ivan...

I can even do cake as well as tipple :D and fantastic bread and all sorts of yummy stuff. If you've got a rod and will allow me to use it I might even try to fly-fish again ... after fifty-odd years :rolleyes:

A mate of mine up here (Raay Harris) is one of the foremost pigs-in-the wood men, works for Charlie Windsor and teaches folks how to do woody pigs. The bacon and sausages are out of this world, very happy to buy some of this man if he's selling.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I recognise that spot. Isn't that where the deer farm is? I think your middle name is Jammy. I bet you don't even want to camp there, just have more permissions than anyone else :p
Well done anyway and let me know when I can join you for a camp there and a shower under that waterfall.....NOT :)

Well spotted Al, only walked down there with you once, 3 years ago! You should be a detective. Oh yeah you are in on the camp, shower is compulsory, oh yeah working on some other rather tasty spots they own, really nice people.

Ivan...

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Hi Ivan. You always post lovely pictures. These are some of the best ive seen put up. 10, 18, 19 and 22. The colours are fantastic. Good post mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE