Chainsaw work and insurance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dirty Karlos

Forager
Oct 16, 2007
Hull
www.karlholtby.com
Chainsaw work and insurance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, after some advice if possible.

I have recently passed the CS30 & 31 modules. I work full time as an engineer but I am studying (and almost completed) for a degree in conservation, with the aim of changing career asap. I have just purchased a good chainsaw and I feel comfortable with it as I've had particularly good training. I'd like to make a bit of money on the side, doing jobs for people, felling small trees, trimming branches etc. I may even start up doing a bit of landscaping. However, I'd just like some advice on public liability insurance, bearing in mind that for the present I'm only going to be doing 'odd jobs' for friends etc?

Any particular insurers to go for, or advice on making a bit of spare cash from my chainsaw and new qualifications would be most welcome!?

Thanks

Karlos.

Andie

Jul 26, 2011
Alfreton,DerbyShire
mate I'm a self employed builder and you need 1 million public liability to start with it will only cost about £55 for the year and as you will be doing jobs for the Jo public weather you no them or not and if you are not insured and you fell a tree and it lands on there green house for example they will want it repaired and secondly you will need to pay tax on all the money you earn as you will be classed as self employed

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
I'm a landscaper and do tree work and I get my insurance from NFU Mutual for a reasonable price and they cover me up to 20m off the ground.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE