Chaga and Turmeric Tea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I received some chaga from Toddy of this parish and have felt so much better after taking it for a few days, so have been playing around with different combinations then I remembered that I had Turmeric root in the freezer and decided to simmer them both in milk it had a earthy look and flavor but not unpleasant Has anyone tried turmeric drinks and did you get any noticeable results? here is recipe I found

Turmeric-Ginger Tea Serves 1 1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Splash of milk or soy milk
Honey or maple syrup, to taste
In a small saucepan, bring water to boil. Add turmeric and ginger, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in milk and strain tea into a cup. Add sweetener to taste.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I suffer from bouts of IBS which has gone my body feels invigorated I have more energy and a clarity of thought, I also feel very calm not jittery at all on top of that my joint pains have eased this may partially due to the meadow sweet oil but even muscles I have not treated seem better.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I didnt feel any of that and Ive got a good batch from the taiga, siberia. Maybe I didnt grind it finely enough. its rock hard.

Last edited:

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Try fresh fennel - just the fronds from the plant. No need to make tea, you can just chew it and the oils are absorbed in your mouth. Has a fairly miraculous effect on settling digestion.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I had a major dvt a few years ago and have lasting damage to the viens in my leg.i take cod liver oil capsules each day along with multi vitamins . anything herbal would be a great help

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
WHY chaga Guys?

My wife has osteoarthritis affecting her knees & back, & tendinitis in her ankles & I have constant pain from planters affecting my feet & heels.

I am thinking as an anti inflammatory, could the properties of Chaga be beneficial to both me & my Missus?

whats the deal Guys?.

I've read Consultation of a gp is advisable before taking chaga...

What say you Guys?

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
As far as I know there are no side effects from either Chaga or Turmeric but the health given effects are huge try it in small amounts and see how you get on, I suffer from bouts of IBS which is in remission at the moment since taken the chaga, I also suffer from joint pain after years of practicing and teaching martial arts which at the moment is bearable this might be due to the meadow sweet im not sure.
I got given some chaga from a very kind person on here and if you want to try some I will happily sent you a piece for free unfortunately I don't have anymore fresh Turmeric root but I could get you some in the near future if you think it may help.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
WHY chaga Guys?

My wife has osteoarthritis affecting her knees & back, & tendinitis in her ankles & I have constant pain from planters affecting my feet & heels.

I am thinking as an anti inflammatory, could the properties of Chaga be beneficial to both me & my Missus?

whats the deal Guys?.

I've read Consultation of a gp is advisable before taking chaga...

What say you Guys?

You could try nettle tea
http://www.herballegacy.com/Vance_Medicinal.html
Read 6th and 7th paragraph down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE