Central Plateau trip NZ in July

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Thanks John and yes if we end up travelling south I will deffo let you know and a trip of somekind would be excellent. It would be nice to visit some of the huts I think my kids would love it.

Rich I would say your money been on Lesley is a sure thing its seems all I do is pay!!!! to be honest though its a tough one as they are all stunning places just wished I had the money to retire and go on a very very very long trip.

Cheers again John

Andy.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
Nice post. I was in NZ a year back and hiked up Mt Pirongia, I was really impressed by the condition of the huts and trails and the community of out door enthusiasts that look after them. In Australia idiots often vandalise hiking huts and/or they are neglected by the park authorities.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Nice post. I was in NZ a year back and hiked up Mt Pirongia, I was really impressed by the condition of the huts and trails and the community of out door enthusiasts that look after them. In Australia idiots often vandalise hiking huts and/or they are neglected by the park authorities.

Hi,

Pirongia is my local mountain. I've been up to the summit every which way and stayed at the hut heaps of times... The only thing it lacks is a wood burner.... There is a rumour that the old hut will be dismantled and a new larger one put in soon...

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm going back in a few years for a mid-life crisis break / birthday treat. Thanks for the phots JB , just about keeping me sane.

Got anymore.

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
Hi,

Pirongia is my local mountain. I've been up to the summit every which way and stayed at the hut heaps of times... The only thing it lacks is a wood burner.... There is a rumour that the old hut will be dismantled and a new larger one put in soon...

Your a lucky man, it's a beautiful area. My friend lives in Hamilton, time for another visit :)

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I'm going back in a few years for a mid-life crisis break / birthday treat. Thanks for the phots JB , just about keeping me sane.

Got anymore.

Hi TeeDee,

At the risk of being accused of self promotion.

There are more images of NZ outdoor stuff on my facebook page.

Click the Kiwi Bushcraft Adventures hyper link below

If you use FB become a fan of the page...

Cheers

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE