Celtic Kilt Belt & Norse Dog Collar & Cuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Heres a couple of things i finished last week. thought i would upload before i head off for a wee holiday as work will be on hold for two weeks :)

First up a sporran belt. Customer wanted a thin 1" belt to hold her sporran. Instead of the standard sporran belt with a buckle and chains to attach the sporran she wanted it to be one piece, with leather cords either end to attach to the sporran so this is what i came up with

cimg2813u.jpg

cimg2817.jpg

Guess who always forgets to wear gloves?!?!

cimg2810.jpg

Next up a dog collar for an overseas customer. He wanted it to be lined, with the name ODIN carved, a valknut, a mjolnir, and cry havoc in runes (for those into their runes he gave me his own runic translation to use which differs from the futhark alphabet i normally use). He also wanted a celtic buckle with a brass D ring. The buckle was forged by Everything Mac who has done me a batch of these i love them they add a great look to my rustic craftings

cimg2801e.jpg

And last just a wee cuff for someone else. They wanted Fenrir in runes with a buckle and braided edges so i made this

cimg2797c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Please refer to that PM I sent you recently about a herbivore's epidermis. :lmao:

Those are really nice. Well done!

Did make me chuckle seeing the black hands, hope you didn't wipe your nose while you were working. (Hamish pauses reading while he goes and checks in the mirror) :lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Man your work is getting better and better. Hard to decide on a fav here, will plump for the collar. Wish I still had a doggy to get one for. Really good stuff. enjoy your holiday, off somewhere good?

Dreadhead

thanks fellas

Please refer to that PM I sent you recently about a herbivore's epidermis. :lmao:

Those are really nice. Well done!

Did make me chuckle seeing the black hands, hope you didn't wipe your nose while you were working. (Hamish pauses reading while he goes and checks in the mirror) :lmao:

got black dye all over me face too! ;)

Man your work is getting better and better. Hard to decide on a fav here, will plump for the collar. Wish I still had a doggy to get one for. Really good stuff. enjoy your holiday, off somewhere good?

thanks bud, back upto the homeland that is aberdeen for a wedding. got a day or two left to make myself a sporran :lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
thanks fellas

got black dye all over me face too! ;)

thanks bud, back upto the homeland that is aberdeen for a wedding. got a day or two left to make myself a sporran :lmao:

You'll need to make boots too for going to "Furry boots city" :) Hope you have a good time

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Very nice! Got me a new crazy pooch, so when her enormous neck has finished growing, if i send you the massive circumference would you mind making one for her? an indication of cost would be great, oh yeah and i would like it engraved with her name "Nutmeg"

Sorry she is only a jack russel.

Ivan...

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Good stuff yet again. I get lazy and don't put on the gloves at times...but have never had it as bad as those hands!

Did you make the round braid yourself for the cords? I keep meaning to do something similar for myself to hang my wedding ring round my neck (as it seems to have shrunk after 30 years!) If so, what width of thonging did you use?

Geoff :)

Dreadhead

thanks again everyone. PM inbound Ivan ;)

Thanks Geoff, i wish i had braided it myself but i don't have that sort of patience :lmao: so i bought it already braided. I usually use it for neck sheaths and the like but it worked well for the belt project

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Really liking the leatherwork as always, but those celtic buckles by Everything Mac have really caught my eye. Looks very similar to a cloak pin in design.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE