Cegga / BR axes - Third Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
oh, oh, can I have a mini

You can indeed cccc!

Thats the mini and all BR Hunters sold

Just this one left - new design with a 50 cm helve. £40 shipped to mainland UK

523922246_15874967c9.jpg

Red

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
13 axes in an hour and three-quarters. :puppy_dog I think I've worked out how Linford Christie became so fast; he was chasing a Cegga axe!:D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just this one left - new design with a 50 cm helve. £40 shipped to mainland UK

523922246_15874967c9.jpg

Anyone?

Red

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Red,what is the purpose of the "new" designed axe?

The cutting edge is at a definite angle and I can't figure out what it would best be used for.:dunno:

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
I make the new one when I see that some use the axe to butchering I think that this axe will be good for a hunter thats want to use it for butchering and skining .You can use the rund neck when you skining
Cegga

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This time in English; If the last one's still available I'll have it pleeeaaase.

No probs mate - you do understand though that this is not my standard design but a new one Cegga has worked out as he described here?

I make the new one when I see that some use the axe to butchering I think that this axe will be good for a hunter thats want to use it for butchering and skining .You can use the rund neck when you skining

523922246_15874967c9.jpg

Red

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'd assumed that this new design is suitable for wood as well as the butchery. Please Red, tell me that my assumption was right.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wee Free Man

The butchers axe was something Cegga wanted to try having seen Phil and Bent Stick and others butchering with a Hunters Axe. We are discussing what to do next - its likely to be a new design though. The BR axe is likely to reappear in the future if the mood takes Cegga, but its nice to keep things unusual and have a bit of variety

Cegga has some large (50 - 100 piece) batches of damascus to do so his time is limited at the moment anyway

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Decorum,

It will cut wood of course. I've not handled it so I can't say how well - its not one of my designs. It is reminiscent of early Goose Wing shaping axes so I can't see why it wouldn't work - its a different style designed to be useful for butchery too.

Can't say more than that - you would need to ask Cegga since its not one of my designs :(

Don't be frightened to say "pass" if you aren't sure its what you want decorum - get the right tool for your purposes!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE