Catapults

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Smudge

Forager
Jan 20, 2004
West Midlands
Has anyone tried using a catapult for hunting ?
If so what catapult did you use and whats the biggest thing youve bagged duck goose ect ect?
Or are there legal implications and I shouldnt really be asking this question?

Jan 8, 2004
Warwickshire
well i'v tried hunting with a catapult a few times
it's a bit miss & hit if you know what i mean

i've never killed anything yet but got quite close
haven't given up yet though, you've just got to keep shoting at the little ****ers :AR15firin

Scott

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I've got a Barnett Diablo, but it needs some new tubing on it so I havent tried it on anything. Gotta really watch where you use them though, the one I've got will shoot a ball bearing through a 50gal steel drum.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Never managed to hit anything, I cannot get the accuracy. I recommend marbles for ammo tho, cheap and not so obvious.
I tried persuading the dog to catch rabbits but he's just too daft. We'd sit still in the hedgerow until the rabbits reappeared only 10 feet or so
then loose the dog (once he'd seen em!). Hopeless. I think i may have better luck the catapult (black widow)
Grumit, would that be the rapid 7?
Rich

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Doh, i thought you said Sir, thought it was a bit polite!
I'll look it up. Rapid 7 is fantastic best airifle i have ever had the pleasure to use.
Cheers
Rich

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Grummit its a tad pricey, i'd still be inclined to the Rapid if i ever get enough pennies! Our local free Ads won't advertise em anymore so I don't tend to see them second hand.
Is it any good then? :-D
Rich

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i have a scirocco to but that is getting on for 15 years old the slr is a fine
gun good to shoot easy to reload and if you bear in mind i live in guernsey
no vat not to pricey :-D and my shooting buddy just got rapid with all the gear for £400

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i got an old tm 100 for field target but no club here still trying to
put one together the chap that sold my pal the rapid just got the s 4 10

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Grummit, your lucky, I've shot a few rapids and some very heavily modded one as well. The problem is I don't get on with the recoil pattern of gasrams.

Pity cos I'd love an Olymus.

Simon

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
you don't know it's there after a day or two my pal had a fenman
but he shoots paper targets with his steyr so had to get a precharged for hunting he also has a riply ar4 for ft (field target) :-D

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Hmmm, I'm going to have to hook the Diablo out. Anyone know of anywhere to get some decent tubing/elastic (not sure of tech name) for it?

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Just been doing a search on the web you can get the rubbers for about £4 and I might get a replacement sight for it as well. All I'll need to do then is find somewhere well away from anyone to practice.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
tip for good cheep backstop for catapults tie a rope between
two tree's drape old blanket over at slite angle then fire away
all the ammo falls in same place (if you hit it :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE