Catapult workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
With some nice spars and some big bits of sisal rope we could make a balista in the naughty corner. Then the rest of the campsite may be in fear...

The howling and screaming always scares them anyway!

I don't know about sisal but we have a heck of a lot of Dyneema now!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
With some nice spars and some big bits of sisal rope we could make a balista in the naughty corner. Then the rest of the campsite may be in fear...

A Balista! Oh yeah! Can I be the first to go for a ride on it?

Hang on a sec' .... Balista? That's a ruddy great catapult innit? ... Second thoughts I'll let John Fenna take the first go.

Richie N

Life Member
Mar 2, 2013
London

Ha ha love it , no air guns but maybe a ruddy great roman arrow chucker . How about a trebuchet ?

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Ha ha love it , no air guns but maybe a ruddy great roman arrow chucker . How about a trebuchet ?

Hmm, remember to ask Neil Comley about the human trebuchet when he comes up the NC on Monday night!

As for the human ballista, the principle is the same as skimming stones, the winner is the one who bounces off the most trees! :red:------------------ :stretcher:

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
hi tony any more news on this regards dave

Not at the moment DAve, there's a few of us want to do it but no one to teach it, not that it's that hard.....I've got a big bag of imperial mints to use for when we have a competition, last yeas went very well :D Longstrider won, I don't think he's signed up for the Moot this year though.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE