Castlerigg Circles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
It's a composite from 10 frames all shot in the same location within a few minutes of each other.

As such, it is a fair representation of the real events I witnessed but not in a precise instant in time.

It's a bit like an artist that takes an hour or so to paint a scene and includes his impressions from that whole experience if that makes sense.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
It's a composite from 10 frames all shot in the same location within a few minutes of each other.

As such, it is a fair representation of the real events I witnessed but not in a precise instant in time.

It's a bit like an artist that takes an hour or so to paint a scene and includes his impressions from that whole experience if that makes sense.

It does, it is art.

We were camped down by Conniston and left about 06:30 to try and get the 07:15 sunrise and photograph the drama, but were about 20 minutes late and missed all the real action. We should have left an hour earlier really, but the night before was a bit heavy. You can see why they picked the site for the henge, it's full of natural theatre. A great location, full of the power and magic of nature.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I cannot think of anywhere else in the area that has such a suitable location for a circle, it's one of my favourite places and it's where I'd like my ashes scattered when I hang up my boots for the last time.

The rooks are an important part of the atmosphere there too so I wanted to include them in an image and as the light traversed the scene I knew exactly how I was going to do it.

I'm glad you like it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE