Castlerigg Circles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Castlerigg-Circles.jpg

I decided to have a bit of a play in the clear weather we've had this week.

162 exposures, 30th of a second at f4 iso 1000 + one shot in the last light of sunset.

What do you think?

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I feel dizzy!:1244:

seriously though Gary - that is a cracking shot(s)!!!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The star shots are loaded into Photoshop as layers and then blended in the "Lighten" mode to create the trails.

The Sunset exposure was them masked and blended manually with just a touch of sorcery of course.

So how far apart did you stagger the star shots Gary?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Ah. Now I understand why you take that tripod everywhere!

Great effect. Love it. Just needs some aurorae. :)

Yes, the tripod is essential.

For the Arctic trip I'm taking a bracket that I can adapt three sticks into a tripod with in case we get some lights while we're there.

I would say that 80% of my shots are taken from a pod and the rest are just snapshots.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Great photo. Also an amazing location, which I remember visiting for the first time very late one summer's evening. Wan sunlight and silence, the atmosphere was beyond words and sent a tingle down the spine....

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Great pic mate and nice photoshop voodoo too. Here's one I took of it a couple of years ago....

Castlerigg_Panorama1a.jpg

Well it's actually 3 pics stitched together to form a mini panorama and then ran the photoshop IR filter over them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE