Carnivore only Diet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
True , although I think nutritionally Red meat probably beats a lot of things over the head.

But I think the other point is exactly how Steak can one eat on a regular basis without feeling very satiated ??

I find if I eat cereal in the morning I'm still hungry quite soon after while if I eat protein of some kind i'm quickly satiated - I believe this is because what the body is specifically craving is protein/amino acids - not carbs. But we keep cramming down the Frosties.
Same with me ref cereal. That's why I eat nut granola and eggs. If I eat cereal I crash soon after.

Red meat is the protein champ, but eggs are better nutritionally, macro's and all that jazz!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Humans have lost the abilities ( if they ever had them) to synthesize all the biomolecules that they need in metabolism. Biochemical fact. Not all of these nutrients are found in meats no mater how diverse the supply is. So in the end, fact is, a strickt meat diet will kill a human. The variety of teeth that I have, the structure of my digestive tract, define me as an omnivore with some 5 million years of experience.

Even our bears, both black and grizz, are omnivorous, eating huge quantities of spring grass, ripened grain fields and the wide variety of wild berry fruits that we all enjoy here.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Humans have lost the abilities ( if they ever had them) to synthesize all the biomolecules that they need in metabolism. Biochemical fact. Not all of these nutrients are found in meats no mater how diverse the supply is. So in the end, fact is, a strickt meat diet will kill a human. The variety of teeth that I have, the structure of my digestive tract, define me as an omnivore with some 5 million years of experience.

Even our bears, both black and grizz, are omnivorous, eating huge quantities of spring grass, ripened grain fields and the wide variety of wild berry fruits that we all enjoy here.

Clearly untrue because some people are actually doing it.

And as you are claiming this as a Biochemical fact can you link or cite the actual fact you are making?

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Well humans cannot produce vitamin C from glucose as most animals do. Once we could but now the enzyme chain is broken, we are very good at recirculating it though. B12 is another one that we have to get from food but most meats contain enough of it. There are some others that I don't remember.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The factual descriptions of human biochemistry can be found in any reputable biochemistry text book. Biochemistry by Albert Lehninger. Any edition.
I make no claims about how long it will take you to die on such a restricted diet.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The factual descriptions of human biochemistry can be found in any reputable biochemistry text book. Biochemistry by Albert Lehninger. Any edition.
I make no claims about how long it will take you to die on such a restricted diet.

I think you find everyone dies eventually so that statement isn't much of anything is it.

Restricted diet - yes it is. Proven to shorten life??? No.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
A carnivore humans are not.
I can't remember the name of the disorder, ran across the description again just a few days ago.
Here in the Pacific Northwest, There's a common notion that First Nations people eat salmon 3 meals a day. While there maybe plenty of salmon, that restricted diet is inadequate and many of the sufferers died.

For many centuries, most families have cultivated "kitchen gardens" which supply the dietary diversity. Certainly on Haida Gwaii, the people still keep their big gardens. They know better. In most instances, the plant material and maybe some meat is cooked in watertight kerf-bent boxes with fire-heated stones.
Out east on the Great Plains, the "trinity" is corn, beans and squash. Again, each family had a garden plot to grow their needs. Originally published in 1917 and reprinted in 1987, "Buffalo Bird Woman's Garden" by G. L. Wilson. Is a collection of transcribed interviews with BBW. She even explains how everybody prevented cross pollination of corn varieties to keep racial purity for different
cooking processes.

I realize the above is clearly off topic. I think it provides modern evidence of ancient understanding regarding too much meat in the diet.

Reactions: dwardo

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A carnivore humans are not.
I can't remember the name of the disorder, ran across the description again just a few days ago.
Neither are they Vegans or Vegetarians BUT people make that lifestyle choice and lead a "full" and happy life based upon that choice.

Reactions: Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Out east on the Great Plains, the "trinity" is corn, beans and squash. Again, each family had a garden plot to grow their needs.

But this is what we learned; before they had horses, the Plains indians were gardeners.

In fact many of these loosely called hunter gatherers, while not specifically farming folk, did have gardens or managed land.

To this day, in Japan they have mountain folk called Matagi, who garden in the summer and hunt and trap in the winter. They are not like lowland farmers, but are culturally more like the Ainu

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
@TeeDee

Interesting read :)

Very interesting indeed! I know the Gut Biome is considered the second brain to the body, which although may not make much sense to the average western Joe can explain why Mood and emotions can be improved via changing the diet component of lifestyle alone.

I've looked into Fermented foods before ( Kefir, Yoghurt , Saurkraut, Kimchi , Sima ) which all seem to have a positive effect upon the health and mood indicators.

Thanks for posting Toddy.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Pure personal experience with zero scientific knowledge:
I think the carnivore diet has appealed to people with digestive issues over the last few years (seems to crop up a lot).

Depending on what I eat (still figuring that out) I can have a pretty awkward stomach. Back in Sept last year we visited the in laws and camped in their garden for 10 days, so cooked on a BBQ, I ate mostly meat - steaks, prawns, sausages etc, had rolls and wraps and a bit if salad and honestly it was strange how fine my stomach was...

Energy wise I felt great. I did always have a nagging feeling of "is this healthy" going off though. I was brought up to eat salad or veggies with my meals so it felt odd not to (for the most part).

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Now the funny thing is, the BBQ diet works well for me too. Less carbs, plenty of greens and by many folks standards, a large amount of protein.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE