Car Emergency kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Hi Viz jacket, good quality torch with the emphasis on longevity not brightness, water, jerrycan of fuel, folding shovel, army blanket, tyre inflator, emergency triangle, a few self heating MREs, wellies and umbrella.

Reactions: TeeDee

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have no photo ID so cannot fly.

(it seems a load of faff to me).

Im spending a few days with my Crannog centre friends any how.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I don't know when you are going , but with the present weather, I'd not want to be driving any distance .
Round here we have had so many accidents on black ice, motorway pile ups and many roads closed or impassable. No buses since Friday due to the road conditions.
Trains and planes are having problems of one sort or another.
Stay home by the fire, and keep safe, there will be other conferences, and it's not worth the risk.

Reactions: Toddy

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I’m a bit further north, but to give some indication, the snow started last Wednesday, it’s been sub zero for a week and not much above zero before.
-13.1° last night, at 1100hrs this morning it had got up to -12° :cool:, a cracking day though, bright, sunny and still, absolutely stunning. Looks like it stay like this for the rest of the week, fingers crossed for me!

The main roads round here are black, the side roads, even in the nearest town, are a different matter! Careful driving and decent tyres a must.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Ive decided not to go. Turns out I can pre record my work.

(Should have told me this two weeks ago).

A wise decision I think Tengu. It's just not worth the risk right now.
Not the best time of year to get stranded, or worse.
Thankfully, you have a safe alternative.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It is indeed a useful skill, especially nowadays.

Could they not set up a laptop and let you at least join in that way ?

The weather is really, really not conducive to travelling at all up here just now. We've put the car away in the lock up and outside of an emergency it can stay there until the black ice melts.
It's -7˚C here just now, and it looks like a winter wonderland, but it's treacherous underfoot.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yes, and I have learned how to record a powerpoint; useful skill.

But sa at missing my Crannog pals... and their party.

There will be other parties.
It's a blessing in disguise, you've learned yet another a new skill!
And you won't be worrying your dad sick journeying so far in such nasty conditions. (Or me either!)

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Whereas we are never far from help in this country, it is also true that, in dire conditions, help may not be able to get to you quickly or may have higher priorities.

At this time of year always carry food and drink for at least 24 hours and a way of keeping warm without the engine running. Never light a gas stove in your car unless you can have the windows open and plenty of air flow.

From the training presentation we deliver:

• High Visibility Vest or Jacket
  • Torch & batteries
  • Mobile phone and car charger
  • Money and/or credit cards
  • First aid kit
  • Tow rope and shackles
  • Jump leads
  • Work gloves
  • Spade or shovel
  • Basic tool kit
  • Waterproof jacket and trousers
  • Waterproof robust boots
  • Warm hat and gloves
  • Blanket and/or sleeping bag
  • Drinking water – sufficient for 2 people for 24 hours
  • Food – sufficient for 2 people for 24 hours

This is a brilliant basic list. Likes others here I carry something very similar in a 30ltr duffle bag in my van at all times. I travel up and down the country weekly so its good practice to carry emergency kit, just in case.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Really? Nothing? :)
During a recent chat with Admin I've changed my view on what maybe of benefit here for the majority of forum members.

I forgot that for a minute - posted something , then changed my mind and removed it. -Soz!

• Haha
Reactions: Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE