Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Vitalite. Kiki Dee :)

Some great packs seeing the light of day, and a few bergen primary relationships going on... Good stuff.

New Crusader.

Mmmm. Not going to knock it as not seen one in the nylon, so that would be unfair.

Yarp. Looks wise it's a Vulcan/Atlas cross-breed. No bad thing.

Zip on the top pocket faces the right way. (Any ideas why it didn't?)
10% bigger in the main body. OK.
Molle. Yep. Take it or leave it too. Could be handy for some users though.

Some little tweaks here and there.

One thing, though. The side pooch zips have been inverted. No using Karrimor types or the like on this one, then.

All in all, I won't knock it one bit. It's a bit like a Vanden Plas, though. Or an XR3i... A few tweaks and upgrades, some extra trimmings. It also shows some things that can be done to your current model. With the help of chocolate block connectors, electrical tape, Go-Faster stripes and a set of hub caps of course.

But if that's all that Berghaus felt they needed to do to bring a 'new' bergen onto the market in 2011...

...they did a very decent job on the originals nearly 30 years ago.

Mmmm. How can I pimp my 'sack....:lmao:

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I've been talking to a mate and he reckons that he knows someone selling a crusader for £50. He said that the guy selling says it's in good condition (although he hasn't seen it).

What do you think, Worth it?

I don't actually need another big sac having a sabre 45, Condor 60-80(with add on pockets) and an Alpineist 65(the pink and purple one :cool:). I am however a bit tempted.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
There were 2 back sizes on the Crusader, size 2 for folk up to 5' 11" and the size 3 for folk from there to 6' 3"

They were in OD and DPM, and you want to find out if the side pooches are with it. If you can have a shufti at it, try before you buy size wise and haggle a bit you might do ok, depending on condition.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Wow five pages long
check out my bergen dump:)

Picture029.jpg

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
I saw this at last years War & Peace show. I'd already bought a Berghaus Vulcan 2 weeks before, but it was dumped on a pile of 'junk' which also included a Berghaus Roc, and I just couldn't leave it there, all sad and lonely
IMG_0727.jpg

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
M.Durston, a rather nice collection of books you have on your shelf sir.

Nice bergens aswell.

Right that's sorted it, i need another damn Berghaus to take with me!!!!

I'M AN ADDICT

theres more books on the shelf above and in a box at work, damn you oxfam bookshop!!!
twodogs, thats just being greedy :p

vitalite kiki dee!! LMAO

Last edited:
S

SteveD

No pictures on this laptop but currently residing in spare wardrobe is a All Arms Bergan, rammed full of various 58 and PLCE pouches, sat on top is a Cyclops Roc I picked up for the equivalent of 4 pounds in a second hand market in Kuwait.

( Also at that market picked up a US Army sleeping bag in Dessie pattern similar to the old 58 doss bag for 2 quid and full set of US BDU's digi cammo for 3 quid the set and brand new Camelback hydration sets are pnly 1 to 2 pounds so have several of them.)

I am off up there shopping hopefully in March so will be taking large empty bag to fill. :)

Sat in my wardrobe here in Dubai is an Endicotts Dutch Lowe Alpine complete with side pouches.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
used to have a S65 - first proper sac - excelelnt kit.

Yup the jaguar s65 was the first real sac that i bought , before that i used the "family" rucksack , solid steel welded frame and a canvas sack that was like a seive.
I think my dad used it for holidays between national service and getting married , so pretty old and very heavy.

Craig................

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Mine's in pretty good condition considering it's age (although I've no idea how old it will be). Only issue with it is the zip on the inner divider is seized

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE