Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
M.Durston, a rather nice collection of books you have on your shelf sir.

Nice bergens aswell.

Right that's sorted it, i need another damn Berghaus to take with me!!!!

I'M AN ADDICT

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
:lmao: Theres no cure mate word is Berghaus are doing a new Military range soon :)

Time for some more retro ,
This patrol pack would of been issued with the Swedish LK70 to give it extra capacity ,
very basic , no frame , snow valance , but well made about 40 litre ,
Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Twodogs

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
drool...Drool....DROOL!!!!!

Can I see some of your LK70 packs and can anyone tell me where I can lay my grubby little hands on one? I LOVE my LK35, it seems so much bigger that that when you are using it and will hold all I need for a weekend easily, but I would rather have a 'big brother' on hand for anything longer

Cheers guys, great packs

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Slasha sorry mate I dont have a LK70 anymore I hoping Addo will post some shots :),,

Boj good find :) , shiny pack looks like a cross between a Vulcan and an Atlas with a bit of molle thown in :lmao:.. nice

Twodogs

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
drool...Drool....DROOL!!!!!

Can I see some of your LK70 packs and can anyone tell me where I can lay my grubby little hands on one? I LOVE my LK35, it seems so much bigger that that when you are using it and will hold all I need for a weekend easily, but I would rather have a 'big brother' on hand for anything longer

Cheers guys, great packs

I could sell you one.
Almost like new,no pics at the mo' though.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
This is Sunray requesting Sheldrake over...

Now that is a frame.... Reminds me of the dish of of the Ptarmigan / Triffid comms system..

B48288.jpg

Just dont wear it in lightning or near anyone with a HF radio...

As for the new Crusader...

1.jpg

A bit like Natalie Imbruglia I'm torn....

From the photos I can see a few practical improvements over the Vulcan.

1. The lid pocket zip is back on the rear of the pocket towards the back.. Way better then the opposite the vulcan currently has. and just like the old Crusader/ Roc

2. The sleeping bag compartment looks like it will work well. I find the one on the Vulcan needs a bit of a helping hand.

3. Molle... Personally I'm take it or leave it on that.

4. The fastex style clip on the side pooch lid looks like a good move the Zips on the Bergahus pooches can be a bit fragile...

It'll be interesting to see one in the flesh...

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Ni Hao...

Would like to have seen her "lying naked on the floor" possibly surrounded by old school rucks. :D

Gordy

Ok I've taken my medication....

Apart from mdurston and a brief mention we've not really discussed Karrimor.... No not the current crop of 'Karrimor SF' distributed by PRI but the old stuff made at Clayton Le Moors...

Stuff like...

DSC_3090.JPG

DSC_3100.JPG

Less popular in service use than Berghaus IMHO..

Last edited:

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I think there might be a strong possibility this is the same one as in the OP....

The chest strap is a giveaway....

aah haaa!! well spotted there, surprised if it is twodogs pack that berghaus couldn't offer more than the final bid amount to tempt him!

Don't feel shy get some images up....

hehehe, could suffer from bergen droop there! lol i have yet to aquire an older gem such as these things of beauty i see before me! i've had a a couple of general issue bergens but have had to finally give up and conceed that they are well built, but frighteningly uncofortable when used on their own with out any proper lumber or hip support. so this leads me to wanting to try one of these beasts!

i have a post war made A frame bergen in green which is equally as uncomfortable but might find a saddler or someone who can fix the shoulder straps direct to the pack and make a padded back cos i love the pack design.

i also have a LC1 US Alice pack which was supposed to have come from the boys at hereford's stores, i'm sure this is a claim made by many but it came from a good dealer who have since said no more are avail from this source. its weathered and cammed up for the desert. i use it for my fishing gear.

i have a lowe alpine strike from endicotts with side pouches, very good but a little floppy if packed poorly.

and a Osprey kestrel 38 in green/grey, very modern but very good, stiff build and handles weight very well.

am after a salient at the moment, or a crusader type thing, but have need for a long back version so oppurtunities to get an older one don't often come up.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I have a post war made A frame bergen in green which is equally as uncomfortable but might find a saddler or someone who can fix the shoulder straps direct to the pack and make a padded back cos i love the pack design.

Sounds like it could be a 42 pattern which would be interesting.

Take some pictures and post em up....

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Sounds like it could be a 42 pattern which would be interesting.

Take some pictures and post em up....

okey doke, i have to photo bucket or something don't i? is that just a click and paste job from there?

i thought maybe 42 pattern, but the straps aren't khaki, most of the pics i find with them in the pack is green with khaki straps, this is all green, and deffo post war cos the buckles aren't brass. i got it from soldier of fortune, and its listed as a green commando bergen, and they did tell me it was genuine issue, however there is what glory or something in the US that do re-enactor stuff sell identicle item and it claims it is a mid 1970's copy. personally it looks like a high quality copy, the leather work is amazing for a non genuine item. i'll take some photos.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE