Berghaus Roc side pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnj

Jul 12, 2023
Wales
I've been on the look out for some side pouches for my Roc in DPM for a while but not having much luck.
When looking around though I have seen the Scottish Mountain Gear Cullen side pockets look similar ( not available in DPM though).
Anyone know if these would be a good alternative to the Berghaus ones.
Thanks,
Johnj.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I’ve had both but now own neither! The Roc pockets have a stiff plastic backing with a molded loop for the side strap, they fit the Munro too. The SMG pockets lack the backing and it’s a tunnel of fabric to put the strap through. IIRC the spacing isn’t correct so you could use them but it won’t be very neat. The Berghaus pockets are pretty small and I didn’t use them so they got punted on. Lots of Rocs on Market place some with the side pockets, you might get someone will to sell separate?

johnj

Jul 12, 2023
Wales
Thanks for the reply Limaed,
I thought I had read somewhere the Cullen was very similar to the Roc but obviously from your experience (at least for the pockets) this isn't the case.
I've got several types of 10 litre plus side pouches but I specifically want some of the smaller Roc ones (6 litre?).
I've seen them on market place but people either don't wish to sell separately or don't want to post the rucksack so I can then sell it on minus the side pouches.
I guess I'll find some one day!
Cheers,
Johnj

Reactions: Limaed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE