Canvas Berghaus Crusader

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Heres a bit of classic for the canvas and leather wearers out there :)
Had this one from Kev at Endicotts amazing what he has hidden away , Cheers Kev ;)

An early Berghaus Cyclops Roc , leather base , canvas body and for whether protection a nylon lid , very good bit of design for the day .

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Bit of damage on the back but repairable ,
Picture002-1.jpg

All I need to do now is pack my woolly jumper, orange balaclava , Tartan flask and im away :)

Twodogs

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Whats this one then, I do remember being issued with one like this , but don't have much recollection of what it was like as I did not use it. It was stuffed full of kit I did not use and left in my wardrobe.I think we first got issued with them about mid 80s. This one I bought from a surplus store in the nineties for a trip.

It has a label sewn on under side of lid saying rucksack inf. long back ,1992. It has nothing else written on it any where.
IMG_2090Bergan.jpg

IMG_2093Bergan.jpg

IMG_2092Bergan.jpg

I am presently deciding whether to keep it or not at the moment,as I think I want something a bit smaller.

Mike

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Heres a bit of classic for the canvas and leather wearers out there :)
Had this one from Kev at Endicotts amazing what he has hidden away , Cheers Kev ;)

An early Berghaus Cyclops Roc , leather base , canvas body and for whether protection a nylon lid , very good bit of design for the day .

Klatuu Barada Nikto.....

Cliff Nice Early Cyclops Roc....

I had another find Roc up today ( pardon the pun)

This one is a bit earlier.....

IMG_1130.jpg

The same original cyclops back 'system'

IMG_1134.jpg

A bit of leather for the traditionalists...

IMG_1135.jpg

Mk 1 Bergbuckle

IMG_1133.jpg

Mk 1 Berghaus branding....

IMG_1131.jpg

Interesting marking on the strap yoke..

IMG_1132.jpg

TBH I'm not 100% convinced it's an Early Roc... But It's nice none the less...

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Whats this one then, I do remember being issued with one like this , but don't have much recollection of what it was like as I did not use it. It was stuffed full of kit I did not use and left in my wardrobe.I think we first got issued with them about mid 80s. This one I bought from a surplus store in the nineties for a trip.

It has a label sewn on under side of lid saying rucksack inf. long back ,1992. It has nothing else written on it any where.
IMG_2090Bergan.jpg

IMG_2093Bergan.jpg

IMG_2092Bergan.jpg

I am presently deciding whether to keep it or not at the moment,as I think I want something a bit smaller.

Mike

Yes this is a PLCE long back infantry bergen in olive, they're only made in DPM now except copies like WEBTEX, They are more popular than the DPM ones in the bushcraft fraternity, as they are less military looking. If I were you I would'nt sell it, they usually sell for under £30 & one day you will sorely regret it, as many people do who sell their bergens & then try everywhere to find another just like it.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Here we go a cracker that Kev at Endicotts had on his shelf ,

A 1989 ish Berghaus Crusader in DPM brand new with the tags on ...made up with this on :),,

Picture010-1.jpg

80 litre main pack with two 10 litre side poochs ,
Picture009.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

This pack and the Lowe alpine vector commando were the top of the range Military packs in the late 1980s
Picture011-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Twodogs

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Wow , that does look brand new and never used . there won't be many in that condition out there.

Craig...................

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks for that link Neil, might get some bits to tart up my Roc. I'd love to have the elastic replaced but it looks expensive...

That's an amazing bergen Twodozen, er, Cliff! Is it going to take the pride of place in the shrine? You should do a road show in the big top charging admission to see all these lovely bits of kit.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
twodogs, i wouldnt take that out if i were you.
i imagine the police statement would be something like this: i was walking along in the woods minding my own business when three masked men wearing dancam arktis smocks burst out of the bushes brandishing titanium sporks shouting 'hand over that dpm berghaus crusader bergen twodo.... er i mean mate or we rip up that merino wooly hat!'

joking aside that is one lovely bit of kit ya lucky bugger. it is the musty storeroom behind a shelf unit find of the decade :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE