Canoe Paddle

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
you can probably guess what I did with it.
Carlisle pyrographed canoe paddle.
wolf2-1.jpg
Apologies the Photos are not very good.
wolf1.jpg
wolf3.jpg
wolf4.jpg
wolf5.jpg

I'm reasonably pleased with it, The bloke in the Canoe shop said he wants one to display in the window and I can advertise as personalizing paddles. I could do with finding a supplier of unvarnished basswood paddles *cough cough*:D

Gailainne

Life Member
Absolutely stunning, what's on the back :D, that would go straight on my wall, and never touch water again :eek:

Basswood is another name for Lime isn't it ?

Do you have a gas cartridge version of your pyro-stylus to bring to the moot ?, I can see you doing a roaring trade if you do.

Not long now :red: :red: :red: :red:

Cheers

Stephen

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Cheers all ;)

There is a gas canister soldering tool called GasCat but its rather expensive and doesnt last very long. Is their any electricity at the moot? Id give a lesson in pyrography is there is. well....Im actually quite shy...I dunno

It can be done with hot pokers of course but ive never tried it.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As a big time canoeist - I WANT IT - but as I blew my spends on the personalised sheath I cannot afford it...bummer!
Cracking work!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cheers all ;)

There is a gas canister soldering tool called GasCat but its rather expensive and doesnt last very long. Is their any electricity at the moot? Id give a lesson in pyrography is there is. well....Im actually quite shy...I dunno

See if someone can bring a generator down to the moot for you to use Lindsey.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Cheers all ;)

We can sort you out with some 'lectricity :D You'd be fine :beerchug:

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Fantastic work.
Is it done by burning into the wood? If so, then that's even more credit to your ability - it must be hard to control the depth and time of burn.
Truly remarkable work.
I always find the whole 'wolf' motif thing a bit hackneyed and trite, but that's just a personal taste thing. The quality of the work is outstanding.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE