canoe expedition - canada May 2014

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Come on guys! We need the numbers for this trip to go ahead! Youve got plenty of time to save and its excellent value for money! Im surprised there arent people fighting over places on this course! t would be a real shameif it didnt go ahead!I

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
To put it in perspective ive looked at similar trips on google and just for a week theyre asking 1400 quid! Thats nearly double the price for 3 days less!

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Like wayland and the arctic trip, Ive been wanting to do this trip for years but been unable to untill this one.
If it doesn't go ahead, I will go anyway somehow as its my 40th just after the course and permission from the Mrs has been granted to exped :)

Generating interest and chatting about it is all great, but unless deposits are paid, nowts going to happen.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hope you both get to go :D For some really strange reason the forum courses seem to struggle for numbers :dunno:

Generating interest and chatting about it is all great, but unless deposits are paid, nowts going to happen.

Have you* considered using guerilla (??should that be gorilla??) tactics to drum up interest? Generally people will only see these courses if they join the forum and look in the correct sub-forums. Could it be that anyone doing a web search will likely think it an expedition course set up for existing members of this forum? :dunno:

Perhaps sticking links and information on social networking sites or various blogs might help? Let people know that they only need to register on the site to be eligible. Give it the occasional bump with a 'I've just done / picked up / made 'x,y,z' in preparation for the Canadian Trip. Interested? Here's a link to the course ...'.

* EDIT: That's a generic _you_ and is intended for anyone wanting to take part in the course. Having re-read it, I don't mean it to read as if Addo (or, for that matter, Bushcraftsman) should take on sole responsibility for marketing and make this course a goer :eek: :sad6:

Last edited:

rancid badger

I'll be surprised if you don't get at least one or two expressing a genuine interest. A couple of years back, there were a couple of folk who flew out to Brazil for a paddling trip organised by a Brazilian member and Canadian trips are mentioned fairly frequently.

Steve

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
As a novice paddler i would love to go on something like this, but don't know where i'll be work wise in 3 months let alone next year.

Rob

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I will keep an eye on this expedition and put the word about that there are places to fill. A canadian canoe trip is the thing dreams are made of. Most defanatley canada is one of my life long ambitions. Next year i am going to norway otherwise i would be very tempted. If anyone is thinking about the canoe expedition go for it you might not get another chance things change very fast in this world and you must cease every oppuntunity to live the dream.:) ...

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Hope you both get to go :D For some really strange reason the forum courses seem to struggle for numbers :dunno:

Have you* considered using guerilla (??should that be gorilla??) tactics to drum up interest? Generally people will only see these courses if they join the forum and look in the correct sub-forums. Could it be that anyone doing a web search will likely think it an expedition course set up for existing members of this forum? :dunno:

Perhaps sticking links and information on social networking sites or various blogs might help? Let people know that they only need to register on the site to be eligible. Give it the occasional bump with a 'I've just done / picked up / made 'x,y,z' in preparation for the Canadian Trip. Interested? Here's a link to the course ...'.

* EDIT: That's a generic _you_ and is intended for anyone wanting to take part in the course. Having re-read it, I don't mean it to read as if Addo (or, for that matter, Bushcraftsman) should take on sole responsibility for marketing and make this course a goer :eek: :sad6:

Aye, I've asked around mates casually, saying they should join the forum, but its the same when trying to sell anything at the moment, very quiet. I can understand when folks are strapped. But if folks are, and need time to save and also want to go as cheaply as possible with top canoe instruction, then this is the trip.

Llwyd

Forager
Jan 6, 2013
Eastern Canada
I took 3 guys on a trip that missed out on a cancelled version of this. Originally we planned to hit the Tobeatic but a hurricane remnant that went through Nova Scotia sent us to Plan B). We did 2 weeks tripping time plus pubs and Baconators. A grand time.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Come on guys! We need the numbers for this trip to go ahead! You've got plenty of time to save and its excellent value for money! I'm surprised there aren't people fighting over places on this course! t would be a real shame if it didn't go ahead!I

IIRC I read the original thread, I can't find it now, can someone link to it please.
TIA

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
No worries...get your nme on the list! ;)

Believe me, I am seriously thinking about this, so it's £700 ish + flights, flights to be arranged by students ? did I read that right ? the rest is ok, just the flight thing bothers me, is there only one scheduled flight in at the meeting time, what if there are delays, yes, I like to dot the I's lol, pppppp :D

Falcn

Mar 1, 2013
Dinnington
Can someone that is a member on SoTP post a link to the course for us please ... would be much appreciated :)

I will cross post it onto SoTP for you, but I don't see the trip details in this thread are the details elsewhere or am I just being dim? -don't answer that last bit ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE