can you camp anytime at delamere?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
couldn't make the moot, but i've been enjoying the photos, and was wondering if you can camp at delamere anytime, and what arrangements might have to be made.
any advice gratefully received

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
The Delamere meet is held at a scout camp and you need to be part of an organised group. I am a scout leader and hold the relevant quals to organise a scout camp so take responsibility for the meets. I have been turned down flat at other scout sites but I have a few contacts at the one we use, which helps.
That reminds me, I have to sort out the "working weekend", been a bit hectic but I will get onto it, looking at toward the end of August, I will post details when I have got it sorted.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
I've seen people camping in the main area of Delamere, does anyone know the legalities?
It's possible of course that they were just doing it illegally, or that they had permission.

Re: the working weekend - We'd like to join in that, although with the family in tow, it might be best if we could do something like litter picking (we did quite a lot while we were there this time, but it's amazing how much there is when you look for it).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE