Can anyone recommend me a head tourch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Hello all

I have been given a fantastic present for my birthday. Which is a bushcraft/tracking course. I have to take a head tourch that has a red filter. Can anyone recommend a decent Torch please.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I use a Kathmandu one which was a gift- got 3 filters and it's great! Failing that alp kit ones have a great reputation. Hope this helps! :)

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
The Gamma's are great but are showing as out of stock. Not sure if the other Alpkit torches are as good?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I swear by my Petzl E lite.
It has many modes including a red led, lasts ages on 2x2023 batteries and produces enough light to cycle at night on unlit country roads.
Its light, easy to use and the fact the batterys are so small and light you can carry a lot of spares.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Petzl Tactikka Plus RGB. Cracking HT.

foto-petzl-tactikka-plus-rgb-black-photo_enl.jpg

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I got a princeton tech FRED for my birthday, default red setting on switch on, it has 2 red and 2 white modes, runs on 3 aaa batteries.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I love my Petzl Zipka 2+. I am also looking to get myself a Petzl E+lite after borrowing a friends for a weekend. Both excellent torches.

Julia

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
If you feel like an Alpkit Gamma would suit your needs then I have a spare (lost it, bought another, found it. You know the routine!). If it fits the bill, drop me a PM and you can have it as my good deed for the day. God only knows, I need some good Kharma ;)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If you feel like an Alpkit Gamma would suit your needs then I have a spare (lost it, bought another, found it. You know the routine!). If it fits the bill, drop me a PM and you can have it as my good deed for the day. God only knows, I need some good Kharma ;)

That's a nice gesture - Good on you :)

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Thankyou for you incredible generosity. I would love to take you up on your offer. I will see if I have anything spare that you may like.

It never fails to amaze me the kindness that people show on this forum thankyou

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland

Nice one fella. Good Karma coming your way methinks.:)
Anyway back to the main subject. While on my search for a decent headtorch I bought a cheapo [£5 incl batteries] ever ready one which has the switch for the red light and its still going strong after about 7 years. If it died tomorrow I would for sure buy another.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Huge thankyou to mr beachlover head torch arrived in the post today. I am chuffed to bits. It was a massively generous gift. I can tell you how greatful I am. Cheers buddy

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
For anyone interested, I emailed Alpkit today to find out when they would be getting more stock of the Gamma head torch, I got a response within the hour.
Hi Ben

We're awaiting confirmation from the factory to say that the items have shipped. All being well we should have them early-mid October. For further updates it is best to sign up to our newsletter or follow us on Facebook/Twitter.

I only contacted them as I quite like the look of them, and a good price too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE