Campsites in the Lakes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Going to head up to the lake district this weekend and was looking at the national trust site next to Wasdale... that was until I saw the price. Does anyone know of any reasonable campsites that are slightly cheaper in the north lakes?

Matt

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Lithril,

We used to use the camping barns when we went to the Lake District, some of them used to allow camping with tents...Just a thought...Have a nice time, but don't forget the waterproofs :lmao:

LS

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Lithril said:
Going to head up to the lake district this weekend and was looking at the national trust site next to Wasdale... that was until I saw the price. Does anyone know of any reasonable campsites that are slightly cheaper in the north lakes?

Matt

Langdales good, dalegarth next to buttermere, castlerigg keswick, fisherground eskdale, sykeside brotherswater,

leon-1

Lithril said:

Matt

Matt I stayed at the Coniston Hall campsite about 4 years ago, I know it isn't bang on he Wast, but you have Coniston itself and the Old Man of Coniston up behind the site.

It also means that you will be closer to Ambleside (Gaynor Sports and other shops) and Windermere.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Cheers for the suggestions, I'm going to get the map out now and mark a few of those off.

Leon - sam will kill you, she's already banned me from going anywhere near Keswick because theres too many shops :eek:

M

Mooney

the forest at blea is an sssi, theres a sign or two asking for no fires or camping etc, however theres a few nice off the path spots half way up blake rig (the crag west of blea tarn).

if your in langdale, its worth a pop into langstrath its almost the same but with less sheep :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE