Campfire Music...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I know its not really 'bushcrafty' but i fancy loading up my phone (I dont actally have any music on it!) with something mellow to play around the campfire on a solo, or with mates- maybe now and then... Sometimes its nice to have a bit of background music me thinks.

Recently, I discovered Andrew Bird/Noble Beast and I like the way the music, song to song just kind-of blends together, grabbing you now and then. You could say melodic.

Any pointers?

Cheers, al.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Being Scottish I'm a bit of a sucker for the Corries and even the odd bit of pipe band music. Then again if tam (barn owl) is about then there's usually a fair amount of rock and punk on the old iPod. I think it really depends what you like and if you're with company or not. I'm sure tam will be along soon with a good few suggestions :D

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Dont mind a bit of pipe music... Twas my home for several good years :) I guess its a difficult one to answer but if I type in 'folk' on the net, its all C&W.

Playing anything on banjos is like opening up an artery to mosquitos in the hills of Wales though. So, I'll pass LoL!!

al.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
LoL.... Maybe not :p

But, this on the other hand...

[video=youtube;muyqMrsuLXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muyqMrsuLXw[/video]

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Yes I do like my rock but I'm fond of all types.

Unfortunately I don't store music on anything,too fancy for me that.

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
The obvious choice is Boheme by Deep Forest. Stunning album and totally apt for campfires. Also would consider Blue Lines by Massive Attack. Anything by John Martyn or Pink Floyd. Radoidread by the Easy Star All Stars is another favourite. There are some great chill out compilations. The early Cafe Del Mar ones are great. Music taste is very subjective so hope these are of some help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE