Camp Steamer?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I came across this just now and wondered if it could be repurposed?

- wood stove (with modifications)?
- small camp steamer (it's just less than 1/2 a litre) for cooking veg
- liquid food transportation?

I just like repurposing things :)

Reactions: Macaroon

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Hmmmmmm. How frustrating!

It looks like a beautifully made pot with what I imagine to be a leak proof lid. It’s a good price too.

Maybe I lack imagination but at only 80mm I cannot think of a use for one that isn’t better served by other items that I already have. I am presuming that the two clip version is smaller still.

I might buy one and stick it in the stash because - well it sits there surrounded by an aura of utility which may never be realised.

Edited for the usual typos.

• Haha
Reactions: Broch

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I’d be interested to see you do that. A rock on a Zebra pot lid is halfway there.

Making some assumptions about the fit of the inner container I’m estimating that you’d have 0.3l . Is that useful?

(A bushcraft autoclave for sterilising your Swiss Army “Surgeon”?)

Reactions: Broch

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I’d be interested to see you do that. A rock on a Zebra pot lid is halfway there.

Making some assumptions about the fit of the inner container I’m estimating that you’d have 0.3l . Is that useful?

(A bushcraft autoclave for sterilising your Swiss Army “Surgeon”?)

Yeh, I think it's about the size of a mug to be honest; pity. It may be enough to cook veg for a single meal I suppose. So close yet so far :)

Reactions: Pattree

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I was thinking of designing a small pressure valve into the lid to make it into a mini pressure cooker :)

(don't worry, I have the piece of paper that says I know how to do that :))

That would be a great little gadget. Would you have to change the rubber gasket? I’m not sure that it would be food grade….

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
That would be a great little gadget. Would you have to change the rubber gasket? I’m not sure that it would be food grade….

Good point, but of all the rubber materials I am aware of, only Butyl and Styrene based rubbers are non-food safe. However, I doubt even the seller knows what type of rubber it is :)

I take a more pragmatic view TBH - short exposure, after I've sterilized the pot by a few boiling sessions, is unlikely to kill me :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE