Camp kitchen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Thanks for replies and kind words. It’s not a carpentry masterpiece but will give me a chance to see how practical it is.

I’ve added a back sheet of ply to stiffen it up a bit.
If you're happy with it that's all that matters.

If you ever fancy doing a new build check out Blue Sky Camp Kitchens. He's got some very impressive designs and the build is very similar to how you built yours

Reactions: Minotaur

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Straight onto the grass if it’s not too bad. There are two lengthways bits of wood on the base that should keep it off the worse and stop the thin ply getting bashed. This weekend I’m base camping and will give it a test.
Might be worth a coat of marine varnish on top of the paint.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Totally untreated so far. I may use some outdoor wood preservative I had left over from a job. It may be a prototype and the next one will get some extra care!
I would look at the link above as those tuck boxes are amazing and some really clever ideas out there.
I would be tempted to put a shelf above so I could put my 2 burner stove in it.
Also I would be very tempted to have the leaf(not sure if that the right spelling) go as long as possible and have something so the brace cannot be knocked out by accident. Might also be tempted to have 2 leafs.
That said mine will be for a Coleman Savanah which gives me a lot of space to play with.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE