camelbak leaking lid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Hi all I have a 3 ltr woodland cammo camelback and the lid although screws on tight leaks (and therefore no good) inside the lid looks to be a recess that could/should? have a washer or some such thing to create a tighter seal, but it either no longer does or has never had.

No obvious damage to threads etc as rest is mint condition, and no spare parts or seals mentioned on a tour of the internet.

Anyone got one they could check, or had similar experiences they could share.

Daft thing is I rarely use it so was going to move it on, but no use until I can get this leak fixed:confused:

Thanks in advance

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
There should be a white/clear/blue/black o-ring of rubber in the screw off lid, if this is still in place it sounds like your seal has failed through spending too long dry, contact Camelbak customer support you are covered by a lifetime warranty

Last edited:

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Thanks for that, I was able to find a replacement seal for the omega lids with the sometimes awkward finger recesses but this (older?) version is more like a traditional screw top. I did flit around a few camelback sites and the warranty involved buying from a dealer and registering your purchase etc, needless to say I failed on both counts.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
For mine i just contacted camelbak directly via polite email (i was actually looking to buy genuine replacement parts direct from them) and explained that the store i bought it from had closed in the recession or i'd have taken it back to them, in reply to my email they told me it was covered by a lifetime warranty, i had never registered my product but my warranty was still honoured.

Email address i contacted

internationalwarranty@camelbak.com

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
No bother, hope you get the same kind of response i got

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Well just to close the thread, after a couple of months and around 8 emails I had a new cap arrive yesterday and FOC, there is the smallest of small washers tucked away in a thread recess and mine must have snapped/perished or lost in some other way disappeared.
In theory the service should be much quicker, but emails from me to them kept going awry (apparently) and then he said he would post it and forgot! so with a week or two while I waited patiently for an email response the time really did just mount up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE