Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Just about all packed, just a few last bits and bobs, load car up in the morning an it's on, come rain or shine. Just like a little Abington veteran. See you all in the morning. Wolfcrafter do we know if kev is coming for the day? I know he pops on the Sunday most times

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Hi Guys

I can't make saturday as Im looking after the girls for the day. I'm going to set off about 6/7 ish when my wife gets back and will do a late camp saturday night and stay for sunday. What time r u departing Sunday?

cheers Chris

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Guys

I can't make saturday as Im looking after the girls for the day. I'm going to set off about 6/7 ish when my wife gets back and will do a late camp saturday night and stay for sunday. What time r u departing Sunday?

I'll be departing about 15:00-16:00hrs

see you when you get there guru, please don't forget you day subs and paperwork as we can get in trouble if not and its only the first camp of the year

Great to see you back on GearGuru, look foward to an old hand to join the other old hands attending! 4:30ish depart on sunday as usual.

I'm doing a big bread cook this weekend, to hone my dough skills! Two different bannock recipes, one white loaf with yeast, and a fresh pizza base with all the trimmings!
Had to prep up with a list because of the vast ingredients required!

BREAKFAST
Crumpets
--------------------------------------------
LUNCH
Bannock Bread Cups (Below)
Cream Cheese
Ham
Lemon
Pepper
Spring Onions
-------------------------------------------
DINNER
Pizza (Base Below)
Pizza Toppings
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
pepperoni
1 Onion
Tomato Puree
Mozzarella

Fire Egg Jacket
1 Large Jacket Potato
1 Egg
a Slice of Cheese
a Knob of Butter (optional)
Pepper (optional)
SNACK
Roasted German Sausage
BREAKFAST
Bacon
Eggs
Mushrooms
Toast (bread below)
------------------------------------------
SNACKS
Bannock Bread Twists
Jam
LUNCH
Sandwiches (Bread Below)
Small Roast Chicken
Cream Cheese
Lemon
Pepper
Spring Onion
Kit Required:
Sealed Bag for transportation
Mixing Bowl
Tin Foil
Cocktail Sticks

Bannock Twist Bannock Cups
6 Cups of Flour
1 Tablespoon of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Baking Powder
1 Cup of Shortening
1/2 Cup of Water
1/2 Cup of Sugar

Bannock Bread - Version 2
4 Cups of Flour
6 Tablespoons of Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Salt
4 Large Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/4 Cup of Dry Milk Powder
1/3 Cup of Margarine/Oil

Bread/Pizza Base
1 ½ Lb strong bread flour
½ oz butter
½ oz yeast
¾ pint water
1 teaspoon salt

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
Hi Guys - HOPE YOU CAN PICK THIS UP WITH YOUR MOBILES

Sorry but I think I'm going to bow out as my backs playing up again - Can't decide if its picking up my baby all day or moving a massive load of wood on friday night - probably a combination. Anyways I dont think sleeping on the floor or crouching by the fire is going to do me any good. Hopefully I will see u on the next meet. Hope you have a good time this weekend, i'll look out for the pics.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Nice One Wolfcrafter, had a good weekend. Hope we get hold of some nice dry wood next time so we don't get cold. Just thinking of more things to try out on the next meet.

Tell me about it! What to try next?? After a successful raised White yeasted loaf and fresh pizza base.. Maybe a Victoria sponge cake is I'n order!! Push the boundaries of what a campfire can achieve me thinks!! :)
Mind you.. I did burn my bacon!! Simplest of things!!!
The way the missus is talking I may have the Artic 10 man British tee pee by the next meet!! :)

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
What is the next date guys i'll make sure I book it in and try to avoid injury. if I can make it I could bring my teppee and stove just in case its going to be cold again. it gets toasty with the stove on even when its dipping well below outside.
cheers Chris

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi wolfcrafter

Thanks for uploading photos; I will email you some as soon as I can. As for the recipe for the Corn Beef hash here it is so you can add it to your blog here we go:-

1 Onion chopped
2 potatoes peeled and chopped
1 can baked beans
1 oxo cube
1 can corned beef
salt pepper
oil or butter

Take the chopped onion and fry off in the oil or butter
add potato and add water to just cover potatoes and add oxo cube, season with salt and pepper
cook until potatoes are done.
add baked beans and heat through
last five minutes of cooking add cubed corned beef. If you add to soon the corned beef will turn to mush.

That’s it one pot simple cooking, very filling would easy serve two hungry people.

As a note you can add a little chilli if you like it with a bit off a bite.

Thanks

Rick

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
16th-17th April Chris! Look forward to you being there! :)

hey wolfcrafter,

just wondering if you had a postcode for your camp so i could look into getting over one weekend later in the year. this thread's huge so i thought it'd be quicker to ask :) in case your trying to place me, i was chatting to you and jimbo by the big fire on the path sat night... enjoyed reading your blog as well mate, you weren't kidding about the bread/pizza!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE