Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Doubt I'll get the Saturday off in Feb, maybe get along after work though. Would mean pitching in the dark which could be fun! Not with the Polish tent this time though, its covering my bike at the mo... I'll see if can leave work early.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
All being well, I shall be there in Feb :) Probably best not to commit to any of the other dates just yet, but keeping fingers crossed.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Is there plenty of tree action in the Sycamore field for the hammocks? I do hope so, looking forward to testing out my new snugpak lite sleeping bag

Why o why did you book that weekend? It's the same day as the Norwich one I mentioned in thread #493:

Sorry to see you cant make it Kev, It wasnt intentionally, the dates were sorted a while back before Norwich even spoke of the 19th Feb date. I researched dates quiet extensively, so they wouldnt clash with major dates in the calendar year. Such as organised meets (just incase any of the guys there want to pop over!) (the only one that clashes now is the June dates with Spitewinter, but that wasn't down when I booked and noted it on my google calendar!) The Bush Moot, and dates such as Easter and the Royal Wedding weekend were also taken into account! (as some of you may be celebrating that too!) (I never bothered with any key sporting events though, so sorry if that clashes! :rolleyes:) I booked them as close to the middle of each month as possible, so monthly paid people shouldn't find it too difficult with subs! Cheers for putting it on the Calendar for me. I hope these can be edited as Im still waiting for written confirmation on the dates though! (but all should be good) :confused:

by the way ...where was your spell checker
Tell me about it!!.. I slipped on submit instead of preview.. the edit post feature hasn't been working on here for me for ages now! Maybe its my browser I don't know!?

can't make it to the Feb meet.

Sorry to hear Marc, hope to see you in April.
Would mean pitching in the dark which could be fun!

I'll bring the flood lights for you Lewis! :cool:

Is there plenty of tree action in the Sycamore field for the hammocks?

Oops, just checked their website (its hard to see what's what, I don't recognise their photos as its all overgrown. Its the one by the stream Tony meant we will be in! Its down as 'Willow' though on their website!! From what I remember Ricky, yep! Its pretty much the same as the previous field. An open area of grass, smaller, but then we did never use that much did we! Surrounded by trees, mainly over 20 years old so ok for hammocks! Ill probably be in a Teepee myself this meet, so one less to fight with over the best plot! :p

are you organising the paperwork for the scouts field Wolfcrafter and do we need to renew the stuff we all filled in?
Ill expand the details required in a further post but simply yes on this one, as Tim didn't have time to hand over any of your details before he moved to Norway, I'm lacking your info I'm afraid!! .. Little confused.. are you coming now? :confused:

This is a huge thread so maybe repost some basic details?

will do asap! :)

..and a final Hi Lee!! :grouphug:

Wow! Nice work, Can't wait! Count me in for all of em!
Thanks for taking the time to organize it, now with the year planned, alot of people will be sorted for their Bushcraft fix.
I am surprised to read complaints about the dates..... I mean, after all, if you can't make the that one, there's always another one coming up soon after!
Very well organized Wolf, hats off to ya!

Full+small+final.jpg
LITTLE ABINGTON​
Next Meet: February: Sat 19th (10:00am) - 20th (4:30pm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fees: Site Fees Per Person = £3 Day Visit / £6 Sat-Sun
Payment on arrival. If you haven't been before, someone will be able to point you in my direction.

Helpful info:
The list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, ask!

• Any monies given (by individuals, groups, families etc) which is above the camping fees will be automatically considered to be a donation to Little Abington campsite to aid with site maintenance, site regeneration etc.
  • Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions (and any non member accompanying them) at the Meet.
  • Under 18's must be accompanied by at least one parent (or legal guardian).
  • You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee! The site has a large bin collection point near the site buildings.
  • Please don't walk through another groups pitch whilst smoking.
  • Please keep ‘colourful language’ reasonable and to a reasonable volume.
  • Vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park.
  • Wood fires must be supervised at all times. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn from the wood pile - if you want to cook on an open fire, bring a supply of wood or charcoal.
  • It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.
  • In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site; outstanding fees will still be owed.

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:
Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:
be on your own
lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
whittle
practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that
practice flora and fauna ID
so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

Bushcraft Etiquette (Link to a Google document that was compiled from a BCUK thread.)

General Outdoor Cutting Tool Safety (Link to a Google document that was compiled from a BCUK thread.)

:drive:How to Find the Site! - (Link to a Google document with directions and map links!)

:deal:Rules & Declaration for Little Abington (Link to a Google document. To be read before signing the Signed Declaration Form.)
:deal:Your Details & Signed Form for Little Abington - (Link to a Google document. To be printed off, filled in and brought with you to your first meet!)

Documentation Proof of Identity:
Along with the signed 'Form', proof of identity is also required. This will be in the form of two items, one with proof of current residential living address (copy of utility bill) the other, photographic ID (copy of passport, drivers licence card) On the signed form above a residential address, a contact number for next of kin, and car registration is also required. These can be brought on the day by printing the above linked document, but please don’t forget them! These will only need to be provided for your first meet attendance!

So simply put.. a Signed Form.. I.D.. and Money for the day(s).

Please PM WolfCrafter for a list of site rules and a disclamer form if the above links do not work!

bushcrafters+of+cambridge+logo+smallest.jpg

Welcome to The Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire Thread, If you're thinking about delving into bushcraft with us, why not take a peek at WolfCrafters introductory YouTube Video and Blog Photos page..
YouTube Video Introduction of Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire
WolfCrafter Blog Photos of Bush Meets
Little Abington Scout Camp main website

group.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Howdy all, good to see the home fires burning
:)

Its still a bit nippy over here to be contemplating much in the camping department (was -19 the other morning) but i am getting on which a good bit of whittling!

Have a cracking meet chaps and i'll pop in from time to time to see the pics!
che$ers

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Tim

Hope you and your good lady are well. Will miss you at the meet, never mind I'm sure we will keep in touch through the forum. As you can see from a previous thread I have now given spoon carving a go. Hope you find time to drop by next time your in the area. Be good Tim, just PM if your ever in the area.

Cheers

Rick

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Just knocked up a nice little deoderant can meths stove

image0073p.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

which I fully intend to give a thorough testing at the Feb meet :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE