Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
No probs Wes. I just seem to go when I get the time and mobility's Ok. Went today to March Bypass Woods. When the corns cut we can get back into Skolding Woods and have a proper day

[video=youtube;sSeoYKQ74J4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSeoYKQ74J4[/video]

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Yo all. Laid up again with a trapped nerve in my lower back and dead foot of all things. DOH!!!

Anyhoo just saw this thread about a weekend meet up for £25 with a proper school in Norfolk. Self catered but free tea and coffee (and instructors)

bushcraft skills share weekend 28/29 Nov £25pp

morning guys and gals,

we've decided its time we got to know more of you as people rather than just names and avatars. We are opening up our woodland to you for a weekend get together with like minded people, to share skills, learn new ones or just enjoy time out in the wild without fear of being told to move on.
The site itself is a 16 acres of mixed broad leaf with a bit of coniferous thrown in for good measure. it is situated beside one of the most beautiful stretches of river on the Norfolk broads and is teeming with life.
This is a self catering weekend so you will need to provide your own food, we will be providing water and copious quantities of tea and coffee. Will have a full team of staff on site to provide you with advice and to ensure everyone is safe and happy.
the cost of the weekend will be £25pp to cover expenses (staff, public liability etc)

if you are interested drop me a PM or send an email to
info@thecanoeman.com
and put "bushcraft skill shares weekend" as the subject. I'll send you the info pack and booking form straight back

thanks

Simon

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Oh that sounds like a good weekend. I may just send off for the info.
Strangely enough Kev, I'm laid up with exactly the same thing. Trapped nerve. Leg pain etc. I keep trying to live. Screaming in a public place gets too much attention tho. I can't get up and dressed until midday and bending is off the menu. I'm using a hot water bottle and painkillers. If you need hospital visit and can't coupe. I can take you, I have a electric wheelchair and adapted vehicle you can use to get you there. I've had this nerve trapped for over three weeks now. It's hard living in a caravan and dealing with domestic stuff. Can't get myself a hot drink today yet. So I do feel for you Kev

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Oh that sounds like a good weekend. I may just send off for the info.
Strangely enough Kev, I'm laid up with exactly the same thing. Trapped nerve. Leg pain etc. I keep trying to live. Screaming in a public place gets too much attention tho. I can't get up and dressed until midday and bending is off the menu. I'm using a hot water bottle and painkillers. If you need hospital visit and can't coupe. I can take you, I have a electric wheelchair and adapted vehicle you can use to get you there. I've had this nerve trapped for over three weeks now. It's hard living in a caravan and dealing with domestic stuff. Can't get myself a hot drink today yet. So I do feel for you Kev

Ouch!
Thanks for the offer dude.
At least I've got SWMBO for coffee's etc. :rofl:
Must be real hard in a caravan but at least everything's close to hand. You'll have to make a flask to keep by you for the mornings like at a meet.

I've had the details come and it's based at Wroxham with a minibus to take you and your gear to the woods ;)

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
What happens when I left the shire for a week.

[video=youtube;CiWTLGRcucA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiWTLGRcucA&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13au3hpep i4ftyzi04ch3vymr20w5u4itc0k[/video]

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Forest for Peterborough - Woodland Heritage Affiliated with: Peterborough Teaching since: July 2013 Past classes: 167 - See more at: http://www.greeniversity.org.uk/teacher/3778#sthash.xMbUo3tm.dpuf

Family Fun in Bretton Woods With Forest for Peterborough - Woodland Heritage Family Fun in Bretton Woods, Saturday 31st October, 10am-4pm, woods off Essendyke PE3 8JD. Contact Matthew on 07736 308475 to find out more. Date: Sat 31st Oct, 2015 Time: 10:00 - 16:00 Venue: See class details for meeting point - See more at: http://www.greeniversity.org.uk/teacher/3778#sthash.xMbUo3tm.dpuf

Been to several a good relaxing FREE day out

Family Fun in Bretton Woods With Forest for Peterborough - Woodland Heritage Family Fun in Bretton Woods, Saturday 31st October, 10am-4pm, woods off Essendyke PE3 8JD. Contact Matthew on 07736 308475 to find out more. - See more at: http://www.greeniversity.org.uk/teacher/3778#sthash.xMbUo3tm.1CChoAWK.dpuf

Oct 22, 2015
Peterborough
Oh yeah I've been to that wouldn't class it as bushcrafting no overnighters usually have some historical attraction such as Romans etc and a soup kitchen cooked by the local ex legionnaire

Contact wait out !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE