Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
LITTLE ABINGTON BUSHCRAFT MOOT Up Date: We Have The Go-A-Head!! Lets Set The Date! goodjob
EDIT: PROPOSED DATE: Sat 27th-Sun 28th MARCH 2010
:EDIT

BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Dates Submitted:
  • Badgeringtim --- Sat-Overnight-Sun (Tent) :cool:
  • Craeg (+Guest) --- Sat-Overnight-Sun (Tent-Son Hammock-Me) :cool:
  • Crowe --- Sat-Overnight-Sun (Hammock/Tarp) :cool:
  • Eel28 --- Sat-Overnight-Sun (Tent) :cool:
  • Whittler Kev --- Visit Sat-Visit Sun :D
  • WolfCrafter --- Sat-Overnight-Sun (Hammock/Tarp) :cool:

Possibly Interested:
  • Chinook220
  • GearGuru
  • Jimbo75
  • invisible
  • Leigh Robinson
  • MikeS
  • sam_acw
  • Wallenstein
  • weekender

Cannot Make It This Time:
  • man_of_tanith
  • shep
DATES NOT APPROPRIATE FOR:
Feb:
26th... Craeg

April:
Easter Weekend
2nd... Eal28, Craeg
3rd... Eel28, Craeg
4th... Eel28, Craeg
5th... Eel28, Craeg

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Ok folks,
Will give it a day or two to try to get the numbers about right then i'll book it.
If anyone else would like to say if they are (or are not able to make it) it would be good.

Might be a good time to mention that there will be a booking form and declaration etc so do need to know who is coming.
:)

Kev - hope you can make it for some of the day sorry about the clash!

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
LITTLE ABINGTON BUSHCRAFT MOOT Up Date: We Have The Go-A-Head!! Lets Set The Date! goodjob
EDIT: PROPOSED DATE: Sat 27th-Sun 28th MARCH 2010
:EDIT

BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Dates Submitted:

Possibly Interested:
  • Chinook220
  • GearGuru
  • Jimbo75
  • invisible
  • Leigh Robinson
  • MikeS
  • sam_acw
  • Wallenstein
  • weekender

• man_of_tanith
  • shep
  • Craeg:(
DATES NOT APPROPRIATE FOR:
Feb:
26th... Craeg

April:
Easter Weekend
2nd... Eal28, Craeg
3rd... Eel28, Craeg
4th... Eel28, Craeg
5th... Eel28, Craeg

Sorry guys but can't now do that w/e GRRR. Will there possibly be another date when more can attend?

Cheers
Craeg

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Craeg,
Sorry that some might not be able to attend, however one meet doesnt stop there being more!
It would be nice to get a monthly spot but i think as long as its not a complete wash out the date is likely to stay for this meet.
For locals dont forget there can be the option of coming down just for the day.
cheers

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Morning folks!
Im gonna book the spots tomorrow so if any of the possibles can clarify that would be grand.
Im sure there is some wriggle room after the booking but better to be accurate and get it booked while there is space!

Right its a nice day im off out and about, bowls and handles to day i think...

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Just as a note i popped down to see the site yesterday.
Looks good with locations for tarps, the site seems smaller than i had anticipated from the web site. Was probably hoping a little to much for nice big dense woodlands and small openings. However it does look like a good spot! which has a reasonable amount of fairly loose wood with not much understory and several existing locations for fires. Its an easy walk from the village center and does have housing around it, just to give more feel of the place for people.
:)

LITTLE ABINGTON BUSHCRAFT MOOT
PROPOSED DATE: Sat 27th-Sun 28th MARCH 2010

BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Dates Submitted:
  • Jimbo75 --- Sat-Overnight-Sun (Tarp) :cool:
  • Rickyamos --- Sat-Overnight-Sun (Hammock/Tarp) :cool:

Possibly Interested:
  • Chinook220 :rolleyes:
  • GearGuru :rolleyes:
  • invisible :rolleyes:
  • Leigh Robinson :rolleyes:
  • MikeS :rolleyes:
  • sam_acw :rolleyes:
  • Wallenstein :rolleyes:
  • weekender :rolleyes:

• man_of_tanith :(
  • shep :(
  • Craeg :(

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi all

Just to say I'm looking forward to the meet. Just would like to know what time you will all be getting to the site on Sat. As I'm new to the forum and bushcraft and have never met any of the gang before just would like to know how we will all get together and meet. Do you need my contact details i.e. mobile number etc. Also what kit should I be taking? anyway just need some advice. and what we willbe getting up to, how much are the camp site fees?

Cheers

Rick

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
I will hopefully get there on Sunday morning if you will still be there? Is anyone bringing along any swaps? I would love to get hold of a UCO candle & a Kelly Kettle if anyone has got them to swap?

Cheers and see you there hopefully

Craeg

Hi all

Just to say I'm looking forward to the meet. Just would like to know what time you will all be getting to the site on Sat. As I'm new to the forum and bushcraft and have never met any of the gang before just would like to know how we will all get together and meet. Do you need my contact details i.e. mobile number etc. Also what kit should I be taking? anyway just need some advice. and what we willbe getting up to, how much are the camp site fees?

Cheers

Rick

Hi Rickyamos, welcome to the forum, and the cambs group! :welcome1:

No times as yet been set, but I would think mid-morning Saturday for kick-off!
This is our very first official Cambs Bushcraft meet at a dedicated site, so you've hit the timing just right to introduce yourself, as we will all be in the same boat!
As of details, keep them for the moment as me and Badgeringtim have been putting a document together for this purpose!

This is a bullet point list of their facilities: (not sure yet if we have access to the showers, but I should think this is included!)
  • Site Available for Camping: All Year
  • Suitable for "Backwoods Camps"; Yes
  • Altar Fires Yes
  • Cooking Area Yes
  • Campfire Circle Yes
  • Toilets Yes

Check there site at this link if you have not already!

There are no set fees as of yet, but we are expecting £3.80-£5 for the day/evening, maybe a little more for the Sunday too!

As of kit, whatever you feel comfortable in, some are in tents, some are hammocking, others are under a tarp! (not sure you would fit in with a campervan though!:rolleyes:)
Warm clothes, something to cook, and something to cook on!
That's about the minimum really, there are no set kit rules as such.. just set site rules to abide by!

All the above fuzzy points will be ironed out over the next week, so keep you eyes pealed for a post from either me or Tim very soon!.. ish!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
As said above there will be joining instruction, and given that its an active scout camp we will have to confirm you are real people etc!

The site has a good number of 30 year plus trees although im not sure we can get 4 peaople 8 all in the same exact area - although might be able to carral a bit of the site with them..?

I would ask people generally not to just turn up at the site for a look - it makes the leaders using it nervous. I spoke directly to the camp leader before going around the site.

Yes we will still be there sunday morning Craeg

cheers!

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I will hopefully get there on Sunday morning if you will still be there? Is anyone bringing along any swaps? I would love to get hold of a UCO candle & a Kelly Kettle if anyone has got them to swap?

Cheers and see you there hopefully

Craeg
Goes for me too.
I'll be there Sunday and maybe able to bring a few blades along if theres any swaps going.:cool:
Would you like me to bring my locked box (with the key) of sharps along (spoons, whittlers, Mora's, etc) so we can have a quiet play, the same as I did at the Norwich meet? :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE