calling all north westers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
ok you may or may not know that iv been thinking or trying to get a regular meet to gether for awile, and now thanks to rangerman i think we can pull it together, the venue is beacon county park to start with and evry last weekend in the month starting hopefully the weekend of the 26th of august,

Reactions: Goose

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
gaz_miggy said:
ok you may or may not know that iv been thinking or trying to get a regular meet to gether for awile, and now thanks to rangerman i think we can pull it together, the venue is beacon county park to start with and evry last weekend in the month starting hopefully the weekend of the 26th of august,

Is that Beacon Fell Country Park near Garstang / Preston ? :confused:

W

WERDNA

i was up there a couple of months ago having a wonder,
you can count me in, its just down the road from me,

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Well done Gaz :You_Rock_
Not sure if I will be able to make this one as yet, I will know nearer the time. I went up there a couple of months ago for a recce, just not had chance to do anything about it since.
It seems a good site with lots of scope for camping but possibly limited for hammocks.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
right i was up at the park yesterday and confermed dates with mark the weekend of the 26-27th of this month, pm me and ill give you my moblie its quite a big site so may need finding, the only stipulation is be sencible with fire and we rope of our area so the public dont just wonder through

RodStrod

Jul 10, 2006
Bolton
I'd like to give this a go, went to the moot and had a pretty good time so why not continue!

I'll confirm deffo nearer the time, Gaz you have a pm

thumbs up for organising

IamSam

May 6, 2006
Lancaster
Its strange what you stumble on just before bed. I was a volunteer at the beacon before I moved to uni in Manchester (still here 10 years now). Grew up in Upholland/Skem and spent most of my child hood there making fires and shelters and hiding from the rangers . Will try to get down to this meet up should be a great trip down memory lane. Get to see the trees I planted and see how the place has aged.

Sorry for the ramble

andy_scouser

Nov 29, 2005
Ormskirk
Id say, provisionally, can myself and a freind come along too. we both live in Ormskirk so theoretically could turn this into a hike as well ;)

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
well im hoping to start a good rapore with the park, the rangers there wont us there and i quote we wont the woods to be used, they are getting a charcoal kiln soon as well,

andy_scouser

Nov 29, 2005
Ormskirk
8ollox, I can't make it either as ive got a double header shooting comp (UKAHFT) that very weekend....

I promise ill be at the next one, you've got my number so your welcome to call any time if you want.

W

WERDNA

My Better Half Might Be Coming To This With Me, Is Anyone Els Bringing There Partners

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE