Buying Snare Wire.

Sep 24, 2014
Gloucestershire
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this or not?
I'm looking for a supplier to buy Snare Wire for catching Rabbits. I've bought Snares online but they've been of a very poor standard as the wire used has kinked so badly that it just snaps, also the pegs broke way too easily for them to be made of "seasoned" wood. The cord connecting the pegs to the tealers was also substandard as it frayed very badly after first use. So I would like toakey own, but I'm having a not of difficulty finding a wholesaler to get it from at the best price.
Any help would be much appreciated.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Guitar strings
Violin strings
Both are good for use as snares as they have a eyelet at one end
Available from any good music shop

Last edited:

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Sep 24, 2014
Gloucestershire
Thanks for the replies folks, I know violin & guitar strings aren't legal, so don't think that'll be viable option.
I've looked at that Fourteen Acre site and they're very expensive, not to mention their extortionate delivery charges!
I'm really looking for an wholesaler of wire not a retailer. I've also tried Trap works which is where the substandard snares I had came from, which is why I want to do my own now, as I was recommended trap works on another forum!

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
I've looked at that Fourteen Acre site and they're very expensive, not to mention their extortionate delivery charges!

A 500 gram £23 spool makes about 75 six-strand rabbit snares which works out at about 30p a snare (or 36p including postage cost) Not expensive.

Post & packing is £4 for the 500g spool & £7.85 for the 1kg spool (with an economy option of £6) 1[SUP]st[/SUP] class RM -- Cost by RM alone is £3.20 for the 500g spool and £5.45 for the 1kg spool (it will be over 1kg when packed and fall in to the 1-2 kg weight zone) -- this means that to cover packing material and labour the company is charging 80p for the 500g spool and £2.40 for the 1kg spool. Hardly extortionate and quite reasonable.

I have no connection with the company, good luck with your search.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2010
Warwickshire

I DO have a connection with the company.

I'm really looking for an wholesaler of wire not a retailer.

If you want to buy at wholesale quantities please get in touch. We have 5kg reels available which are cheaper per Kg and if you wanted by buy multiples of those I'm sure we could work you out a deal.

Cheers, John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE