BushMoot 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
I have a question about the location of the moot. I have just been perusing google maps and was wondering where exactly to ask the taxi driver to drop me off, cos I guess once I am dropped off, I am well and truly dropped off and I don't want to be in the wrong place. On street view I get to the very end of Merthyr Mawr road and I can see the castle is on a path up to the right, with two gates in front of me. Do I need to get dropped off here? If so, do I walk through the gate to the left and carry on along the path on foot? And is it a long walk? I only ask that as the kids will be asking me how far it is :) I assume this is what I do as per the instructions on the bushmoot site?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have a question about the location of the moot. I have just been perusing google maps and was wondering where exactly to ask the taxi driver to drop me off, cos I guess once I am dropped off, I am well and truly dropped off and I don't want to be in the wrong place. On street view I get to the very end of Merthyr Mawr road and I can see the castle is on a path up to the right, with two gates in front of me. Do I need to get dropped off here? If so, do I walk through the gate to the left and carry on along the path on foot? And is it a long walk? I only ask that as the kids will be asking me how far it is :) I assume this is what I do as per the instructions on the bushmoot site?

If the taxi will do off road go through the left hand gate and follow it down to the toilet block - centre of the Moot Universe!
If it wont ... walk :)
It is not far and you will soon get there.
Dingly Dell is about another 1/4 mile ... best ask directions from Mesquite :)

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
If the taxi will do off road go through the left hand gate and follow it down to the toilet block - centre of the Moot Universe!
If it wont ... walk :)
It is not far and you will soon get there.
Dingly Dell is about another 1/4 mile ... best ask directions from Mesquite :)

Ah, it is very reassuring to know that a toilet block can be the centre of the universe.... for some :) well, thanks muchly for that, I have already been sent a rather nice map of the site from Mesquite, all printed out and ready to go, so once I am at the toilet block, I should get my bearings :) thanks

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ah, it is very reassuring to know that a toilet block can be the centre of the universe.... for some :) well, thanks muchly for that, I have already been sent a rather nice map of the site from Mesquite, all printed out and ready to go, so once I am at the toilet block, I should get my bearings :) thanks

Wait til you try my nettle soup - knowing where the loos are could be advantageous - at least according to Steve....

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Online Ticket sales have now stopped, if you still wish to attend the BushMoot or course for any period please turn up and then report to reception where you can pay on site for attendance.

Thanks all and see you there :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I should point out that no one else in the history of my soup making has had this reaction .... :)

I thought you said you'd adapted the recipe somewhat after my experience... :rolleyes:

And that disclaimer doesn't cover future tasters of your soup. I'd say it would be a bit like playing russian roulette, are you safe from the effects or do you dash off in the middle of the night...? :lmao:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I thought you said you'd adapted the recipe somewhat after my experience... :rolleyes:

And that disclaimer doesn't cover future tasters of your soup. I'd say it would be a bit like playing russian roulette, are you safe from the effects or do you dash off in the middle of the night...? :lmao:

It is a different recipe - Nettle, Ransom and Alexanders, this year :)
I have had some already and it is quite sweet - and not an explosive!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I made nettle soup from the nettles in the front garden when my wife was pregnant with the son. It was very tasty. Yet to see her eat the rest of the freezer and my son is now 1...!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE