Bushfinger, My Bushcraft New Knife made by Andy Roy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Got a new one today, it's made by Andy Roy of Fiddleback Forge and he calls this one the Bushfinger. I sort of had my hands full today but here are a few initial photos. This thing is reeeeeaally nice!

The specs are...

8.75" or 22.4cm over all.
4.30" or 11cm Blade
4.50" or 11.4cm handle
5/32" or 4mm thick spalted O1 steel
nearly flat convex sabre grind
black canvas micarta liners and bolsters
Natural canvas handle scales
pins are natural canvas micarta and carbon fiber.

This is how it came and I have to say Andy sure has style.

DSC_1187.jpg

Inside I found this. I really like this sheath a lot, works great for the pocket as well as a belt. I have a tendency to carry my knives in a front or cargo pocket at times.

DSC_1227.jpg

This knife is beautiful, and the fit and finish are stellar. I love how Andy mated the handle scales to the bolsters at an angle, that's a really nice touch.

DSC_1338.jpg

DSC_1356.jpg

DSC_1352.jpg

DSC_1237.jpg

DSC_1205.jpg

The handle feels really comfortable, and is weighted just right for long term use with the balance point (not pictured yet) just to the rear of the first finger.

DSC_1344.jpg

DSC_1347.jpg

DSC_1350.jpg

I didn't have a lot of time so I didn't get to do a lot with it...just whittled a couple of notches and whittled a little. But it was enough to tell me just how much fun working with this knife is going to be.

DSC_1360.jpg

DSC_1336.jpg

DSC_1332.jpg

I'll get it out in the bush for a little crafting this weekend...but I'll probably use it for making dinner tomorrow...left over spaghetti tonight...

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hi Mistwalker, I'm sorry but it turns out Andy put the wrong label on a few of the parcels leaving the forge, so it seems while you have my knife, i have your bag of saw dust and a bit of burl. if you just mail it over and i'll get your saw dust and burl in the post we can sort this out with out having to embarras Andy anymore.:rolleyes::p

BY the way, that is a stunning piece there:D

Loving it!goodjob

Thanks, me too!

Hi Mistwalker, I'm sorry but it turns out Andy put the wrong label on a few of the parcels leaving the forge, so it seems while you have my knife, i have your bag of saw dust and a bit of burl. if you just mail it over and i'll get your saw dust and burl in the post we can sort this out with out having to embarras Andy anymore.:rolleyes::p

BY the way, that is a stunning piece there:D

Hahahahaha, that's hilarious!

Andy does some absolutely beautiful work! He does some stunning wooden handled pieces with various woods.

G'day Brian

I'm looking forward to hearing your views of it as a user.

Kind regards
Mick

Hullo Mick!,

From the little taste I've had so far I'm really looking forward to learning them !

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm really proud to have this one!

Brian

I like everything about that.... Lovely tool

Thanks me too! Among other things I love how the handle is still in a good line with the tip and yet still all of the blade will hit the cutting board without the handle touching. So...even though it has great sleek lines it also still works great holding the handle in a pinch grip and the finger tips of the other hand on the spine near the tip, and rocking the blade when chopping up fresh garlic and herbs (and we all know how much I like to cook), it's the perfect knife for me :D

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
That really is gorgeous!
happy0034.gif

Superb photography too.

Being that I've not had breakfast yet, the food pic's really make me feel hungry!
character0076.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE