bushcrafty presents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fire Ferret

Dec 25, 2005
Edinburgh
Hello bushcrafty people
and an extra hello to those that I met at the last scottish meet up in calander *wave*

HWMBLT, (He Who Must Be Listened Too) Bought me a set of leather making tools and some leather, YAAAY, much making of stuff will follow.

Any interesting web pages or books that anyone could recomend would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas all.

X
Fire Ferret

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello Fire Ferret, and welcome to the forum :D
I've just hauled down the leather working box from the loft, Match's post put me in the notion to make a black leather sporran, the soft bag styled type.
What are you going to do with your lot?

Cheers,
Toddy

F

Fungi

Well, I ended up with a shiney new 1 pint Kelly Kettle and a sexy Petzl Tikka XP with a set of filters!!!
Now I can brew up in the dark!!!!!!!!
Yipee!!!!

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Merry Xmas to all and a special hello to those who were at the Oxford bowdrill meet I got a Barmah hat and a new pair of boots and loads of grog.
Peter. :)

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
I was bought this at the last lakes meet, and I've been waiting for Santa to pop it into my stocking since.
PICT0395.jpg

I can't wait to get a handle on it and start using it.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Hmmmm, let's see...

A crooked knife, a handmade spoon knife and the pocket collins wild food guide (thanks darling girlfriend for both, :You_Rock_ ), a Lapp Puukko, and Ray Mears 'Outdoor Survival Handbook'. Oh, and some Brasher socks that are 100% guaranteed no blisters and some Swanndri socks.

And I got myself a new Bahco saw (they were cheaper on Amazon than the replacement blades were :lmao: ), a full set of Japanese Waterstones (which are sooooooo much beter than oil stones) and an Aussie Hootchie. And a set of Swanndri Merino Wool thermals.

Not a bad haul this year :D :p

Jake.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Our lass came up trumps and bought me a pair of sealskinz thermal socks and the Collins British Wildlife book. She`s a good un.

:approve:

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Didn't get any, but I made moggasins for all my kids and bought Canadian Military cold weather mukluks for the whole family (boots aren't that special, but the liners are made of double layer fulled Hudson Bay blanket). Warmest winter boot liner going.

PG

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
My wife got me the nordic knife kit from Brisa - brilliant! I have to wait until I can make it, though as we're about to move house.

I also got a Petzl Tikka Plus head torch from the parents-in-law, which will come in very handy for our next camping trip.

Great stuff!

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
A wee Inova X1 torch. Have always been fond of little shirt pocket torches and this beats my maglights hands-down.

Picked my dad up a Grozer Sythian bow and made up a couple of dozen arrows for it. He's well chuffed and has the bug bad already. :)

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Well Santa was quite busy with me I Had: 70ltr rocketpak, head torch, laplander, jerky, walking poles, digi camara, sleeping bag, thermarest, nest of 3 billy tins, trangia, maya sticks (or what ever the're called), fire stick, bushcraft by Mors, fold up stool, £75 in vouchers for blacks, couple of collins gem's books.

I was a lucky boy, a lot of the stuff is replacing worn out kit.

Here's to my wife and little boy love you both loads. :You_Rock_

Happy Christmas to everyone and New Year

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Well I got 15m of 550 paracord,a folding shovel and a 65lt Trespass rucksack
from the kids-Wife said they paid £7.99 for the rucksack from T.K.Max ?Not to
bad for that price.And a new Lock Knife made by C.R.Knives looked interesting
with a 41/2" blade and 101/2" overall length and belt clip.(will have to find a pouch for it.Plus 2 Norge shirts and 2 sets of forces thermals.
Clayton

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
My mum got me Chris Ryans "Ultimate Survival Guide"... Does that count?

I normally do well on the "Bush Pressies" front, previous years have usually involved bits of kit. But after the "Great I.T Disaster of 2005" when m home server died, those in the know (SWMBO) purchased computer related bits this year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE