trade blanket laid out, stuff for sale.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i've got a load of kit sitting round doing nothing. which might well suit someone else trying to get some kit together. sorry about the photo, my camera's died, so i took this with the phone.

tradeblanketsale.jpg

ok, the banket is actually an ajungilak tundra summer sleeping bag in long. it's been used probably half a dozen nights at most. it's always stored uncompressed. very light and compact good quality bag. comes with compression stuffsack. it's sort of redundant though so £20 +p&p

back row, stainless steel mug very robust. possibly dutch army. used but once on a fire. the great thing with stainless steel mugs, (obvious to some, maybe not to everybody) but you can heat up the brew in the cup, if the flames from the fire got too far up the side of the mug, splash a bit of cold water on the rim, then drink out of it. no need to mess about with taped rims or plastic attachments. £2:50 +p&p a fraction of the price of a crusader cup. if wanted i'll get a matching water bottle from a local army surplus at cost.

tatonka 2.5ltr Stainless steel billy can new in box. if you've got the latest BCUK magazine, you'll see the mors kochanski cooking pot article. this billy was ordered specifically to suit these requirements, it's big, round, good radius on the bottom corner. it has a frying pan lid and a locking bail for easy pouring. it think you'll find it's lighter than the zebra equivalent size, and heats up faster with a broader base. i inadvertantly ordered duplicate billys :confused: it's going to cost me money to send one back so i'll let it go here for £13+p&p

bottom row, left to right
ontario 12 inch machete (complete with heavy duty cordura sheath), new in box, removed for the photo only. it's a robust 3mm thick and they take and hold a better edge than your average machete. this is one i ordered for a mate a while ago, but he's fallen off the face of the earth. i already have one. £25 +p&p

vaughn sub-zero pocket axe. shouldn't need any introduction. has been used. it has rather nicely polished bevels, if i do say so myself. :D there is a bit of a flat spot on the top of the edge. i don't know what it hit to do that. the top of the helve has been protected and bulked up a bit with a simple paracord wrap. has the original vinyl mask/sheath. i just don't use it anymore. £15 +p&p

no name pocket axe, looks similar to the tiny trappers hatchet on one of old jimbo's articles, but has a hammer style handle. a really robust head with lots of steel round the eye. the 2.5" edge is a bit battered. but there's plenty of life left in the head. it would benefit from a rehandling/rewedging job cause when i looked there was just a hint of movement. £7.50 +p&p

almost new ontario specplus crash axe. that's the "military spec, plus" this is an allegedly improved version of the rescue axes as used in us airforce transport planes. comes with a cordura sheath with pressstud flaps. got this to modify it for a research project. but the new ones have the big hydrant wrench/key in the middle. the older ones had a very different shaped hole, so that screwed that idea up. it has hit about three pieces of wood. £30+p&p or i'd trade it for an old style crash axe.

the bahco camping hatchet is a similar size and weight to the gransfors wildlife hatchet. but it has a thicker handle, which i like, it's obviously stronger, and there's more to grab for carving projects. it has a big cutting edge for a hatchet, 4inches. the edges have been mostly leveled up but not yet polished. there're a few rust spots on it. this is another project that didn't get done, i was going to put a long handle on it to make a substitute for a hudson bay axe. it has a nasty looking but effective plastic mask that i made. £7+p&p

feel free to ask for more infor or specific pics.

cheers, and.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
right then,

the sleeping bag, mug, billy, bahco hatchet, and subzero hatchet are provisionally sold pending final details.

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE