Bushcrafty films!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Anyone recall jim kirk building a gun out of "natural" materials on star trek? :)
would a series like c4 time team count?

Yohny

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2005
Thanet, Kent
Another bushcrafty film & about my favourite film of all time is Jeremiah Johnson with Robert Redford as the title character. The story, based on real life events, of a mountain man in the rockies & his one man war against the Crow (Native American people, not the bird). Well worth checking out. It plays quite regularly on ITV, usually around midnight mid week. Lots of wilderness skills displayed like making a hot rock bed beneath the snow, fire by flint & steel, building a cabin using the bow & drill to make holes. Very inspiring!

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Abbe Osram said:
Alone in the Wilderness

the book and the DVD is cool
cheers
Abbe

Product Description:
"Alone in the Wilderness" is the story of Dick Proenneke. To live in a pristine land unchanged by man... to roam a wilderness through which few other humans have passed... to choose an idyllic site, cut trees and build a log cabin... to be a self-sufficient craftsman, making what is needed from materials available... to be not at odds with the world, but content with one's own thoughts and company... Thousands have had such dreams, but Dick Proenneke lived them. He found a place, built a cabin, and stayed to become part of the country. This video "Alone in the Wilderness" is a simple account of the day-to-day explorations and activities he carried out alone, and the constant chain of nature's events that kept him company.
Wow that sounds great Abbe,thanks for the tip off,have to get this i think.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
I purchased a few films mentioned on here the other day and recieved Jeremia johnson this morning.
Wow!, i didn't know they made westerns with this level of bushcraft in them. I would say i enjoyed the film but i won't because parts made me quite sad. It was however a very good film and i'm glad i bought it. A few quid off amazon i think but then it depends who you buy it off.
If you are looking for a bushcraft film i can thoroughly reccomend this one.
I am considering getting that multi region thing for my playstation as i can't get one for my normal player just so i can watch snow walker.

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
If you want a cheap multi-region DVD player then Argos sell some multi-region DVD players for about £29.99. The player we got play the region 2 (UK) and region 1 (US) dvd's ok. :)
Andrew.

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
I think the episode of Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere, where they spend the night out in the woods has to be a bushcraft comedy classic, the bit where Max can't see what he's doing with the hand fire drill. :lmao:
A few of the old westerns are quite bushcrafty, Is it How the West Was Won, with with Jimmy Stewart as a trapper?

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Just looking at a very wonderful movie called
Le Dernier Trappeur. Its a French movie about a Trapper with wonderful shots, canoeing, mushing, meeting bears, fixing a canoe etc etc.

Cheers
Abbe

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Nanook of the North, a true classic not to be missed. Shot in Black and White the filming and story telling is stunning. Forget your Hollywood rubbish, this is the real thing. Often used as a model by which all modern documentaries are made you will not regret buying this DVD. If you do end up hating it, you can stone me to death at this summers moot.....

moko

V8Mondo

Feb 21, 2009
Ely
I have this movie for sale.. if anyone is interested?

£12 posted to UK. Other countries at cost of postage!

Great movie with bushcraft/survival theme...as described on this thread.

Movie plays in English with subtitles for other languages. You just need to turn off the subtitles after selecting to play in Norwegian for instance.

As new...no scratches or other issues.

First person on thread to say they will have it gets it - NO PM's please they will not count.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
More of a Documentary really but its great is Alone in the wilderness

Its just great and I want that life (but still be able to get online)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I may just order it and play it on my computer. I have a programme called anyDVD that changes the region on your DVD player without it locking out. A good programme for if you want to buy region 1 or any other region DVDs. Check out slysoft.

or you can de-region your dvd by a combination of button presses on the remote if you google for your model
try here
Remember if you try this it is at your own risk, etc but it worked for me

Rebirth

Oct 25, 2009
In a barrel, in a field
The last trapper, the nearest you'll see to a bushcraft 'movie'. It's half movie half documentary, all the incidents are staged but serves as an example of what can and does happen over the years. No real plot, the cast are real old school trappers living in log cabins all their working lifes, they build their own cabins, travel in birch bark canoes or dog sleighs, hunt their own food, tend their trap lines while at the same telling their story of how their way of life is rapidly coming to an end due to the mass logging of the Yukon.
Floating around on torrent at the mo, well worth tracking down.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395514/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE