Sold Modified Bark River Bravo 1 - Bushcrafty Bargain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
1. ITEM:
Bark River Bravo1 Spearpoint Special in tough A2.
Further modifed by my own fair hand.

2. CONDITION:
Used

3. EXTRAS:
Original Sheath

4. LOCATION:
Surrey

5. PRICE:
A bargain at £100 all in. Incl Paypal and Postage

6. DESCRIPTION:
Dont do much knife making or. Customising these days.
But i fancied a few tweaks on an already great bushcrafty pattern.

Took the flare off the scale at the choil to make choking up on the blade more comfortable.

Refinished the scales with a more defined figuring. A wee bit more grippy than the original.

Added a firesteel notch so it can easily be kept sharp with a small arkansas ceramic rod or similar. Without having to attempt to square off the whole spine. It now throws great big globs of white hot fire lighting goodness from my LMF ferro rod.

Ive had my fun with this and now have something else in the pipeline so grab a bargain super solid bushcraft tool :cool::cool:

I have included some process photos too in case your interested.

7. PICTURES:

IMG-20220723-WA0009.jpg

Micarta is a great material to work with for checking Symmetry.
Like map contours.
IMG-20220723-WA0008.jpg

Positioning the notch out of range of thumb positions.
IMG-20220723-WA0007.jpg

A very good allrounder and super soild.
IMG-20220723-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20220723-WA0005.jpg

Last edited:

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
That is lovely, I am quite tempted, but never really got on with fire steel notches personally.......maybe need to try again :)

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
That is lovely, I am quite tempted, but never really got on with fire steel notches personally.......maybe need to try again :)
I think its quite a visual marmite thing. The interruption to the knife lines is not to everyones taste. Even i struggle with it at first. Its definitely a 'function' over 'form' thing.
But for knives with spines that arent super square and sharp its a good option to avoid too much stock removal on the whole spine. Plus keeping it sharp is a doddle. You also have to ensure a nice radius in the notch so as not to add a weak point to the blade.

Its made such a difference to the volume of magical fire that this particular knife throws off a rod.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I know mate, but the Spydie Hole works just fine despite many balking at its looks. Had I spare beans, I’d be on this one.

Apologies for comment in the sales threads, but he’s an old BB mate and I’m pretty sure he’ll be ok about it. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE