Bushcrafting in Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Cheers mate - I'm sure you, Sean & Duncan will settle Southey into my favourite county though. Make sure you take him to the best pub in the South!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have no record of all the licencees, but one of them, Tommy Weston who was a licenced slaughterman and used to kill and sell meat at the pub to suppliment his income. Tommy could be seen dressing the joints in the pub, while talking and drinking with the customers, until banned from doing so by the health authorities. In fact one of the doors of the pub had a groove cut in it to hold chicken's legs when they were plucked and drawn and hung.
During Tommy's time, the pub went through a few alterations to bring it in line with new licencing laws, but upon his death, his replacement opened the bathroom door to find it had not been used. In fact the carpenter's wood shavings were still on the floor. Tommy preferred to use his tin bath in the kitchen.

The name "The Hampshire Bowman" ? The Pub has had that name since the early 1970's re-named by the licensee, Stan Montague whose wife had an interest in toxophily (she was in fact an olympic standard archer and founder member of the adjacent archery club).

How can that not be a great pub?

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I like the no phone policey, good looking pub/ My current local get full of aircraft techs and bomb heads most nights, it'll be nice to spend an evening in a proper pub.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I like to go old school when I go out, and pretend mobiles are as they were an not mobile at all, OR i have lost the last three phones i've had while walking home so i no longer take one out with me.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Her old one was a lovely man, kind, handsome, slim, charming, debonair, slightly deluded.......:D

Say hi to here for me Dunc? Let me know how the house plans are coming on.....

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hey all,
Was thinking about planning a bit of a social get together over Alton way in November.

Would be on the 20th or 27th.

It will be £10 each to go to the woodland owner.

As mentioned before this isn't a course, and you will be attending at your own risk.

Have to set a limit to 8 people/cars - although can accomodate more if anyone has a 4x4.

Let me know if your interested, and which date would be best.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Yeah id would say at this point i am a definate for either dates chap, i have a jeep so if you need anything ferrying up a track im there for you,
If Pete(Joker) turns up you can help him get his strongbow on site. Last time he couldnt fit his kit in his Suzuki as it was too full of cider.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE