Bushcrafting in Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I'm planning to be there just tonight but then that could change . I'll bring a few bits just in case . need anything in particular .I didn't get chance to grab my 25 litre water can.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Good to meet you all today, and thanks for the coffees and loan of a mug (didn't think to bring one d'oh!), feel quite chilled out and relaxed now after sitting round the fire this afternoon !

Look forwards to camping out properly next time :)

Cheers, Paul

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Good to meet you all today, and thanks for the coffees and loan of a mug (didn't think to bring one d'oh!), feel quite chilled out and relaxed now after sitting round the fire this afternoon !

Look forwards to camping out properly next time :)

Cheers, Paul

Thanks for the PM. It was great meeting you. Feel free to tag along next time where down there.

Cam2719

Sep 12, 2013
Deepcut, Surrey
Hi all,

So sorry to miss you all this weekend, I presume a good time was had by all? Is this thread the normal means for arranging get togethers?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Hi all,

So sorry to miss you all this weekend, I presume a good time was had by all? Is this thread the normal means for arranging get togethers?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Probably, we're organised by apathy and no one bothers to start a new thread. Its always a good weekend.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Good to catch up with all of you, and to meet you Paul. Lovely weekend, and a perfect way to unwind from the week...not sure I feel ready for Monday mind.

Thanks to all for your patience and acceptance of Sophie being there. :)

Andy

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
cam feel free to to post here or give one of us a call.i have some time off in october at the end.let me know if you do to and we'll square it with andy and have a night out.that includes anyone else.
andy,sophie was great it was good to see somone so young comfrotable in the outdoors.credit to you.should we call sean uncle bushwhacker bob now? lol

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
It was a great chilled out time in the woods. Sophie is a credit to you Andy.
Sorry but the photos are not great hardly ever use the camera on the phone.

gentlemanc

Aug 24, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
Looks like a good meet up gutted I did not know it was happening, not that I could have made it along as busy packing to move, only as far as Southampton. Would love to come along to the next one guys, if I may be so bold as to ask.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Looks like a good meet up gutted I did not know it was happening, not that I could have made it along as busy packing to move, only as far as Southampton. Would love to come along to the next one guys, if I may be so bold as to ask.

More the merrier. Where about in Southampton you moving to since a few of us are from around there.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Are there any woods in east Hampshire where fire lighting is permitted?

If you mean "is there woodland, planted and maintained at others expense, where all and sundry are allowed to set fires, irrespective of competence or responsibility?" I certainly hope not!

The English have a very different attitude and set of laws about access to land - and there is no right to make fires anywhere (thankfully).

However I, and others here, have never found any difficulty in getting a "permission" where a landowner trusts me to camp, shoot, make fires etc. I found Hampshire landowners very welcoming - but based upon meeting, shaking hands, and demonstrating personal responsibility - it works well because those who are seriously interested will find permissions - those who want "rights" without effort will not.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I think he was asking is there anywhere, that will grant permission.
If you mean "is there woodland, planted and maintained at others expense, where all and sundry are allowed to set fires, irrespective of competence or responsibility?" I certainly hope not!

The English have a very different attitude and set of laws about access to land - and there is no right to make fires anywhere (thankfully).

However I, and others here, have never found any difficulty in getting a "permission" where a landowner trusts me to camp, shoot, make fires etc. I found Hampshire landowners very welcoming - but based upon meeting, shaking hands, and demonstrating personal responsibility - it works well because those who are seriously interested will find permissions - those who want "rights" without effort will not.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Can you recommend any for him, save him wasting his time going to places were he is not going to get a positive response.If you can recommend someplace that has a history of a pro social attitude to bushcraft, can you mention it. Or at least pm him. Thanks Red.
I covered that in the last paragraph - yes - plenty of them - but they need to be approached person to person

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE