Bushcrafting in Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
I have the Friday off so ill be there about lunch time . I'll bring my 25 litre water can . are we doing usual group dinner on Saturday . The last one was very good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I'll bring the dutch oven then :D

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Aye, I'll fire up the dehydrator too. Probably eat the jerky long before I get to the woods, but it's the thought that counts ;)

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Hmmm, I've got a largish dehydrator I use for mushrooms, was doing a batch yesterday (first of the season), but hadn't thought about using it for jerky.

Have just bought a couple of packs of jerky this morning for a camping trip next week, but would be fun to try making some when I get back if anybody has a favourite recipe/method ?

Hope to drop in for a while at the meet if that's okay and say hello to you guys ? Haven't managed to make one yet despite being pretty local, so ought to make the effort !

Cheers, Paul

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
definatly me
just a little thing thats crossed my mind is that there seems to be a shortage of firewood in the wood.i'm proposing that to get us started or to last us through the weekend that we bring a bag of logs or two along which to save felling trees i'm personally happy to do.it would increase relaxing time around the fire which is really what we're there to do.
merely a suggestion.i'll be bringing logs anyway.there must be a dealer nearby who does some.

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
definatly me
just a little thing thats crossed my mind is that there seems to be a shortage of firewood in the wood.i'm proposing that to get us started or to last us through the weekend that we bring a bag of logs or two along which to save felling trees i'm personally happy to do.it would increase relaxing time around the fire which is really what we're there to do.
merely a suggestion.i'll be bringing logs anyway.there must be a dealer nearby who does some.

Yeah, good plan bud. I'll grab a couple of sacks on route

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
So it's going to be 6 of us so far. Who's getting there on what day Ect..

How many are hammock and can help me set mine up properly?

Last edited:

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I'll be there about lunchtime Friday . I'll be in a hammock si be glad to help . If we can bring some logs to help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I'll try and drop by and say hello, Friday pm or Saturday some time, if someone could please pm me to let me know where to find you lot :)

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE