Bushcrafters Accessories (Ireland)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spoonman

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2007
Loch Garman
Hi All

Hope i posted this in the right place. Anyway just incase there are any other irish bushcrafters out there this is a great site for lots of useful, good value kit and accessories (imo).....only deliver in the republic, i think but just thought i'd point it out! :)

www.irishcombataccessories.com

spoonman

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2007
Loch Garman
Big Bad Stu said:
Shame they only deliver to Eire. Looks an interesting site.

Welcome to the forum.

Stewey. :D

Cheers Stewey

Its a great site.....I have been a snooper for a while but i thought i'd contribute a bit :D

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Do they have a shop or is it mail order only ?
I still work in Dublin from time to time and should be down again next month for a couple of weeks, might be worth a visit.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I've bought stuff from these people on a couple of occasions and I can't fault their service and quick delivery in any way. (btw, I've no connections to them).
I do not think it is legal to sell ex irish army equipment (or garda stuff for that matter) on the open market ,the old o.d. kit was never widely available.
Although irish dpm is very similar to the french(central european) pattern it is most probably copywrited so not just any one can make it.
I do not know who makes the majority of the issue stuff but Arktis made some clothing for the rangers. The Arktis website does not list the irish pattern on their U.K. site but I seem to remember them listing it some years ago on their U.S. site.
On the other hand may be irish dpm has not been around long enough for much surplus to trickle down to the civvy market.

Happy trails...torc.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Did Lowe Alpine make their packs ?
I think i remember the woman in the old factory shop telling me that.

OutbackAl

Aug 31, 2006
Ireland
rapidboy said:
Do they have a shop or is it mail order only ?

Gave them a bell this morning and they said that there’s no shop, although he said if I needed something in a hurry I could go and collect it.

Al

BMFHL

Feb 9, 2007
Dublin
There's a decent army surrplus store at the Curragh camp who make webbing for the Irish Armed Forces. They might steer you in the right direction.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I think the Curragh shop mentioned is Protac. Their website isn't active at the moment . Any time I've spoken to them they seem a decent bunch. They produce irish pattern webbing, some of which is sold by Silvermans.
They were mentioned here a while back as the people who made Nicholas 'The Map Man' Crane's shoulder bag.
Lowe Alpine (Vector) in Tullamore did some contract work for the army as well as Sporthouse in Waterford. Sadly Lowe has finished production in Ireland but when they were working it was very well made.

Happy trails....torc.

Raptor

Tenderfoot
Had a look at the irishcombataccessories website, they sell an Irish DPM bush hat. (presumably for use in East Timor or Liberia, definetly not for the Cooley mountains in Winter). Thats probably as far as they will go with Irish DPM.
Frank

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
Try store.irishmilitaryonline.com its a guy who is in the army running a surplus store. Prices are brilliant Its part of the Irish Army Website. Check out Irishmilitaryonline.com and go to store. I know I am repeating myself but try it. I have nothing to do with this site I have bought from them and found them very good.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
The best army surplus store in Ireland is near Middleton, Co. Cork. It's a large warehouse operation that stocks loads of gear like Swedish army Trangias and Bivvy bags.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE