Bushcraft Survey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
All done. An interesting mix of quantitative and qualitative material, but I know, on reflection that I have missed out whole raft loads of stuff on 'extended answer'-type questions. The penalties of being in a needless rush! Very best of luck with your thesis!

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hmmm...stats..not my stronest point!!:(

John...was really hoping to get to the moot, but so far it clashes with childcare issues. However, I will have another look at dates/possibilities as it would be great to go, both personally anf for research :)!

Always a welcome awaiting!

lisa

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2003
Lake District
Thanks John :)...might be able to make it 13-15th, which would be great??

And thanks again to you all for participating, nearly 300 responses now! I know its a bit long for a survey, but couldn't help myself...so many more questions I would love to ask :)!

Just re-interate (as quite a few are expressing interest), I will post the statistical analysis in September, and I have no idea when the thesis will be made public, I guess it depends on if I am encouraged to formally publish it? So far there have been comments from my department about publication, but who knows. One way or another it will become public at some point, but I still have over a year for writing...phew! I will certainly keep you updated :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Done - one question - 38 IIRC - didn't actually make a lot of sense read gramatically - I answered the question I think you meant rather than the one I read!

Fallschirmwomble

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2009
Tennis Town
A therapeutic and thought provoking exercise. It's certainly focused my mind on what's important to me, regarding my take on this activity.

I won't wish you "good luck" but best wishes - luck hasn't much to do with what you're doing!:cool:

lisa

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2003
Lake District
Thats great...keep them coming :)! Yes, they do get a bit more tricky Steffan, but its sounds like you had a good bash at most of it, which os great. I am pretty sure my supervisors would have said that it's a bad questionnaire design and folks wont go to the lengths I am asking, but people are really giving it a good go, and I am getting some brilliant and very 'telling' and important data about BC in the UK :)!

British Red...you're right of course...thats a terribly written question!!? Glad you gave it go anyway :)

Thanks again all!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Done. Only complaint is that the questions seem to assume that we somehow "took up bushcraft" as a hobby rather than simply growing up with it being part of our life (as some of us did)

lisa

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2003
Lake District
Hey Brian...thanks! Will definitely want to interview you at the BC show :)

Hey Santaman2000...yes I guess I did rather assume that!? Interestingly, the survey is showing that most folks (in the UK) were influenced by experiences in Nature in early childhood, and 'took up' bushcraft later on...shows how that early connection to Nature stays with a lot of people, which adds weight to the importance of getting kids connecting to the natural world if they are going to care about it later?...but then I think we all know that instinctively :)...thanks very much for your time!!

Cheers
Lisa

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE