Bushcraft knife for Scouts

Innes

Feb 5, 2011
Nairn
Can you recommend me a knife to use with Scouts.

We are planning doing some bushcraft soon and were planning on getting about six knifes to use with our older Scouts.

I have a Mora Signal, but if we have to buy six knifes the price will mount up. What do any other Scout leaders or youth leaders use?

Thanks.

Innes

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
Can you recommend me a knife to use with Scouts.

We are planning doing some bushcraft soon and were planning on getting about six knifes to use with our older Scouts.

I have a Mora Signal, but if we have to buy six knifes the price will mount up. What do any other Scout leaders or youth leaders use?

Thanks.

Innes

at my old group we had a bunch of mora clippers.
I have a feeling that they where district level kit, and where available to other groups which wanted them.

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
We've got some Mora 911's. I spoke nicely to the guys at Tamarack Outdoors and they worked out pretty cheap with the discount they gave me seeing as it was for Scouts. (I've no connection with Tamarack Outdoors, just a satisfied customer).

We've also got some Mora utility knives from Axminster tools http://www.axminster.co.uk/mora-shopmora_pg1/ which do the job.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Go to Clas Ohlsen and get some Mora Viking knives for £2.49 each. Or ask someone who's near to one to get some :rolleyes:

206628_X_2010-02-11_111422_695.jpg

Last edited:

Innes

Feb 5, 2011
Nairn
Thanks for the replies.

That gives me a few options.

It is a pity I live so far away from the stores that sell the Viking knifes, that would be such a cheap option.

Stainless Clippers may be a good option from Lakeland Bushcraft, just under £10 each is a good price. A stainless blade would keep in good condition as well.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Thanks for this thread folks.Was having this conversation re Scouts & bushcraft last night.Next time I'm in Manchester
I'm off to C.O. for a couple of boxes of those.I'm sure we could make up some fire kits too while we're on.
Cheers Simon.

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
Some of the Swedish-produced stuff Clas Ohlson sells is superbly well priced. I think that they're managing to buy at Swedish wholesale prices and they sell at good prices here.

That knife does look like a Clipper doesn't it? Mora has done runs of knives for other companies (De Walt and Bahco spring to mind), so Clas Ohlson may well have done the same thing.

I'm still hoping they open a store somewhere in central Scotland!

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE