Bushcraft Instructor Opportunity

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I everyone,
I work for an Outdoor Activities Charity Centre in the Middle of Merseyside were our main charitable acts are to provide outdoor residential and day experiences for the local under privileged schools in the Liverpool area and to provide jobs/apprenticeships for young adults of whom are looking for first time work experience straight out of education or who struggle in the working world.

Over the past year we have been Setting up a small bushcraft School to expand what we offer for the local school children in terms of weekend over night trips or day visits learning with their class mates or family depending on the age of the children.

We are looking for anyone who has just left education in the liverpool area between the ages of 18 -25 would would like to apply for a position as an apprentice bushcraft instructor. the only helpful requirements we can think of are, experience working with children, a beginner to novice level of bushcraft experience (training will be provided) and an up to date CRB Check.

if anybody is interested in the post and would like more information please contact me back by PM.

Cheers to all who read :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
As far as I know an apprentiship is being offered hence the age.

I think the location would be fairly flexible. It takes me up to two hours to get to work sometimes so if you were applying please think about what is reasonable for yourself.

Please put any further questions about the job offer to the OP by PM.

Cheers

George

Location of applicants can be flexible the only reason Liverpool was specified was due to having somebody who can arrive at work in quick response and be flexible when needed. And yes the age specification is down to our charity work offering jobs to young adults looking for a start in the employment world. :)

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
Are CRB checks transferable now then?. I thought as a charity you'd get it done free, but surely a candidate would still have to go through the process for each organisation they are associated with(?). I'd be interested to know.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Are CRB checks transferable now then?. I thought as a charity you'd get it done free, but surely a candidate would still have to go through the process for each organisation they are associated with(?). I'd be interested to know.

They are now DBS checks as the name has changed. They don't have an end date now and can be used as proof. Further checks can be done if required as far as I know.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
CRBs never had an end date, they were effectively out of date the moment the ink dried but the recommendation was that they be renewed periodically. (Most organisations worked on every two or three years.)

The DBS certification is not much different in that it has to be applied for by the organisation employing the candidate, as you cannot apply for one in your own right. (Still a pigs ear of a system but that's what you get when governments try to organise things.)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've just filled in the forms for PVG instead. Protect Vulnerable Groups is the latest from Disclosure Scotland, and supposedly that once applied for and approved any group can check and see if I'm cleared or not. Either it's £59 (iirc) if an employee or free for volunteers. That way charities aren't penalised with heavy budget drains.

Sorry, we've rather taken the thread OT :eek:

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE