Bushcraft expeditions competition poll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

if you won the bushcraft expeditions competition where would you choose to go?

• Total voters

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
a number of people have suggested we have a poll on which expedition you would choose if you won the Bushcraft expeditions competition.

So if you won a free expedition, where would you choose to go?

the steaming jungles of borneo with the Iban, the bammboo forests of thailand with the Hilltribes, the arctic tundra of sweden with the Sammi or the arid bush of namibia with the San Bushmen?

to help you in your choice, information can be found at www.Bushcraftexpeditions.com

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Where's the option for the Land of the midnight sun swedish canoeing expedition? Or is that not included as a competition prize?

leon-1

Unfortunately I have a big problem, I couldn't decide between them, I have been to most of the enviroments and don't really have a preference as to which.

All of them have an appeal in thier own way, with me it would have to be a blindfolded decision. In other words I would be happy to go on any of them.

In the end cost would be one of the major factors, so it would probably depend on how flush I was at the time:)

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
At a scout jamboree a scout from Namibia was asked what action one would take if one fell in a river. He replied that he would stand up and dust himself off and walk away.

Dry place Namibia. Deserts are exciting places and the people of them are true survivers I think.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Sweden for me

Wish I could explain why though :confused:

The whole world to choose from and I go for the closest
Maybe it's because I'd miss my mummy :eek:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I find it hard to decide, I put Thailand in the end but to be honest I’d be up for any of them…..If I had to pay it would probably be the artic one….But hey, you don’t have to pay! :D

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Borneo, without a doubt! I'd love to see some Orangutangs in their normal habitat...

As a swede I wouldn't go on the artic expedition in the winter even if they paid me... No sunlight at all, bloody cold and tons of snow :eek: Lived up there for four years, plenty enough for me! In the summer however it is the oppposite, just bring a rucksack full of mosquito protection. They get HUGE up north! :D And not a orangutang in sight either, just millions of reindeer LOL

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
For me it would have to be the Sweden expedition . I dont like the heat here let alone some where hotter ! Also i feel that i would learn more things that i could use when i got back home , but i might be wrong about that .
Pumbaa

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
pumbaa said:
Also i feel that i would learn more things that i could use when i got back home , but i might be wrong about that .
Pumbaa

That's a good point Pumbaa, it would be interesting to know how much of the skills from the there and the other expeditions are transferable to the UK. I expect that a lot of them are, especially the tracking type ones...

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
I'd choose the borneo trip, never been there but would love to - I would have stay on after and climb the big mountain there as well, yep Borneo rainforest and a big mountain that will do me.

Chris :)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
chris said:
I'd choose the borneo trip, never been there but would love to - I would have stay on after and climb the big mountain there as well

do you mean Mt Kinabalu (4100m) if you chose the Borneo expedition it would be very worthwhile staying on to climb Mt Kinabalu wonderful veiws from the top.

the summit:
kinabalu.jpg

the descent
kinabalu_decent.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE