Bushcraft expeditions in New Zeeland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
We have some relations in NZ north island and are considering combining a visit to them with an expedition of some sort
Anyone know of any expeditions that happen in NZ? Not the standard courses but something more - the equivilent of a Borneo or Namibia exped.

Thanks

Mark

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
i dont know of any expeditions but dont let that stop you.
do it with friends mate the land is owned by doc so you are free to go if you are hunting the permits are 75 nz dollars. if you travel to the south island i can put you in touch with a helicopter pilot who will drop you at a location but could probably get info for the north part as well. in nz there are lodges all over the glasiers /mountains for shelter or just camp you can hire the gps and sat phone from all the garages and hunting shops i spent 16 days there last year and really enjoyed it and would definately go back heres some pics for you to drool over we went for there autumn but it was very warm we had temps down to -7 at night but daytime temps where very warm, atb wayne
Copyofnewzealand201.jpg

Copyofnewzealand059.jpg

Copyofnewzealand096.jpg

Copyofnewzealand058.jpg

Copyofnewzealand203.jpg

newzealand042.jpg

newzealand046.jpg

Last edited:

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
the only thing i can suggest is go on the http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi
forum and try to find out if anything is going on.
there is lots of subforums for outdoors stuff so you should get lucky.
nz is a fantastic place and cant wait to get back i was really impressed with the rainforest so close to the glasiers
a truly wild place , let us know how you get on atb wayne , ps i will find the pics of the lodges out on the mountains those are a sight

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE